iPad profile issue

vbimport

Thanks, SJ!!

Posted this elsewhere, but not sure anyone’s read it, so I’ll note it again here: the iPad profile in Fab 7.0.6.0 is, I believe, defective. I’ve now tried it with three movies, and each time I get this message on the iPad - “…was not copied to the iPad because it cannot be played on this iPad.” Have had success using the MP4 profile, but could use one with better (640 X 480 or 720 X 480) resolution.

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2519118]Thanks, SJ!!

Posted this elsewhere, but not sure anyone’s read it, so I’ll note it again here: the iPad profile in Fab 7.0.6.0 is, I believe, defective. I’ve now tried it with three movies, and each time I get this message on the iPad - “…was not copied to the iPad because it cannot be played on this iPad.” Have had success using the MP4 profile, but could use one with better (640 X 480 or 720 X 480) resolution.[/QUOTE]

Hi rosariorose9

Sorry you are having trouble, this thread is for posting profile not intended for help session, however which iPad profile did you use ? iPad.h264 or iPad.mp4 :confused:

I don’t have a iPad to test the profiles, however you can edit profiles

^^^

Firstly, sorry for wrongly posting here. Move it if that’s appropriate.

With regard to the iPad profile, I believe that only one is available - h.264. The ‘edit’ button provides only one profile, designated as follows: “The profile is used to create mp4(h264 + aac) file, which can be played in iPad.” That is what I (unsuccessfully) used…

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2519129]^^^

Firstly, sorry for wrongly posting here. Move it if that’s appropriate.

With regard to the iPad profile, I believe that only one is available - h.264. The ‘edit’ button provides only one profile, designated as follows: “The profile is used to create mp4(h264 + aac) file, which can be played in iPad.” That is what I (unsuccessfully) used…[/QUOTE]

Within the DVDFab folder there are two folders called “Profiles” and “Profiles2” in the Profiles2 folder there is a iPad.mp4 profile which seems that can’t be accessed for some reasons :confused: which I am currently looking into.

Thanks!! Now, please move or delete these posts - the guilt is killing me :bigsmile: .

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2519134]Thanks!! Now, please move or delete these posts - the guilt is killing me :bigsmile: .[/QUOTE]

It is now a new thread :wink:

Hi rosariorose9

Do you transfer the video as follows…
Drag and drop from the folder holding the video, to the ipad (in itunes).

This is from a post by another member–>“creating H264, it should work. When I drag them to the ipad (in itunes), it automatically puts it into the video area. You can also create a folder in itunes, then drop your ipad compatible videos into it, then
drag, and drop them, to the ipad, from there. They have to be in a compatible format, is all. I’m limiting the bitrate (around 1600), and converting to stereo audio, and creating videos in a 1024 x Y format (depending on the letterbox), but of course, no point to the 1024, if you are talking about DVD, or lesser video rez. I’m creating about 1.5 gb files, for 2 hour movies, or thereabouts (likely overkill, but looks very nice) … which is information beyond the original question. BTW, I do rename my files to .m4v”

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2520562]Hi rosariorose9
Do you transfer the video as follows…
Drag and drop from the folder holding the video, to the ipad (in itunes).
[/QUOTE]

SJ,

That’s exactly what I do. I open iTunes, and drop the video I’ve created with Fab into the iTunes library. I know that I’m doing it correctly because it works perfectly when I’ve created the video with the Fab .MP4 profile, although it does not ‘fill’ as much of the screen (i.e. not properly scaled?) as do the movies purchased on Itunes, which fill the entire screen. That’s what I had hoped that the iPad profile would remedy. As I mentioned, however, using the iPad profile produces the message:

“…was not copied to the iPad because it cannot be played on this iPad.”

So, I’m assuming (perhaps incorrectly?) that there is a problem with the iPad profile. In any event,
thanks for your continued exploration of this issue. Much appreciated!

SJ,

Further to your last post, I again used the procedure recommended by the other member, but this time I renamed the file with an .m4v extension (which is the only thing I hadn’t done before). This time it worked perfectly. Will try to find the thread you referenced so that I can thank him as well.

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2520863]SJ,

Further to your last post, I again used the procedure recommended by the other member, but this time I renamed the file with an .m4v extension (which is the only thing I hadn’t done before). This time it worked perfectly. Will try to find the thread you referenced so that I can thank him as well.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome my friend, don’t bother looking for the thread it is not within this forum…however I have given a thank you on your behalf :wink:

Very happy it worked out for you my friend and remember we are all here to help each other :iagree:

Have a nice evening and a better tomorrow :flower:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2519131]Within the DVDFab folder there are two folders called “Profiles” and “Profiles2” in the Profiles2 folder there is a iPad.mp4 profile which seems that can’t be accessed for some reasons :confused: which I am currently looking into.[/QUOTE]

Any luck on this? As I mentioned in another thread, the ability to edit the profile on this is ‘grayed out’…

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2525759]Any luck on this? As I mentioned in another thread, the ability to edit the profile on this is ‘grayed out’…[/QUOTE]

If you go to open one of the profiles are you not shown a message stating “windows can not open it” and you are given a choice to “Browse for a program”…or…right click on the profile and select “Open with” notepad should be in the list…

^^^

Thanks, SJ, but when I ‘explore’ the program, the only profile I find for the iPad is the one labeled ‘ipadh.264.’ There is no mp4, etc. profile. Opening and somehow altering that .264 profile is waaaay beyond my confidence threshold! So, I guess I’ll wait for the big guy to fix the problem…I’m sure he’ll see it sooner or later! Thanks again, though.

Edit: Found the mp4 profile (it was, as you indicated in the [U]other[/U] profile file), but I haven’t the foggiest idea what to do with the hornets nest of data which opening it reveals. Yep, I’ll wait for Fengtao to fix it!!!

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2526038]^^^

Thanks, SJ, but when I ‘explore’ the program, the only profile I find for the iPad is the one labeled ‘ipadh.264.’ There is no mp4, etc. profile. Opening and somehow altering that .264 profile is waaaay beyond my confidence threshold! So, I guess I’ll wait for the big guy to fix the problem…I’m sure he’ll see it sooner or later! Thanks again, though.[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile: LOL you sound like me when I first got started in this stuff :smiley:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2526042]:bigsmile: LOL you sound like me when I first got started in this stuff :D[/QUOTE]

So there may be hope for me yet. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2526125]So there may be hope for me yet. :)[/QUOTE]

:iagree: yes there is always hope, course me being the old fart that I am :frowning: the hope for me is kinda thin :eek:

:bigsmile:

^^^

Uh oh, given how old [U]I[/U] am, all hope is lost… :eek:

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2526510]I’d love to know, shutter113, whether the dropdown box and edit button are functional with your iPad profile. As I mentioned to StormJumper earlier both of those are ‘grayed out’ on mine, so I can’t access them as SJ is suggesting that you do…[/QUOTE]

Sorry not sure what you mean by “the dropdown box and edit button” :confused:

are you refering to within DVDFab itself ? from our conversations I was under the impression you was trying to open the profile itself which all you have to do is right click on the profile in question and select from the drop down menu.

At the bottom of the DVDFab UI of the DVD to Mobile is a dropdown box labeled “Profile” and, to the right of that box is an “Edit” button. I have used that box and button before to select from various choices for the profile. In this case (iPad profile), I would expect the dropdown box to offer a choice between h.264 and mp4 so that I would not be required to create a custom profile. BUT that box and button are grayed out, so I have no choice. If I’m missing something obvious here it wouldn’t be the first time!! :o

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2526516]At the bottom of the DVDFab UI of the DVD to Mobile is a dropdown box labeled “Profile” and, to the right of that box is an “Edit” button. I have used that box and button before to select from various choices for the profile. In this case (iPad profile), I would expect the dropdown box to offer a choice between h.264 and mp4 so that I would not be required to create a custom profile. BUT that box and button are grayed out, so I have no choice. If I’m missing something obvious here it wouldn’t be the first time!! :o[/QUOTE]

Those items are grayed out until you select a source file/folder