iPad gets microwaved, not exactly what I call a TV dinner!

vbimport

A person nicknamed DoveTastic who runs his own Microwave show nuking anything but food has decided to buy the top of the range iPad 3G 64GB and tortured it on an 18 minute cycle in the Microwave. :eek:

The video starts off with the person showing off the iPad briefly and then started the playback of an earlier episode of him microwaving an iPhone 3GS on the iPad. With the video still playing on the iPad, he then places it in the microwave embedded in his Amir9000 robot creation and starts it on an 18 minute cycle at full power.

For the next few minutes, it starts crackling and smoking like an electrical appliance that is shorting out. It then bursts into flames followed by a small explosion, most likely from its battery. In the end, there is a basically a charred melted remains. In the end, he made a creation out of it as he does with the other items he microwaves and sold it on eBay.

His video can be seen embedded on c|net’s story (Strangely, this can be viewed, but the main version on YouTube requires registration to watch)

[QUOTE=Seán;2520097]A person nicknamed DoveTastic who runs his own Microwave show nuking anything but food has decided to buy the top of the range iPad 3G 64GB and tortured it on an 18 minute cycle in the Microwave. :eek:

The video starts off with the person showing off the iPad briefly and then started the playback of an earlier episode of him microwaving an iPhone 3GS on the iPad. With the video still playing on the iPad, he then places it in the microwave embedded in his Amir9000 robot creation and starts it on an 18 minute cycle at full power.

For the next few minutes, it starts crackling and smoking like an electrical appliance that is shorting out. It then bursts into flames followed by a small explosion, most likely from its battery. In the end, there is a basically a charred melted remains. In the end, he made a creation out of it as he does with the other items he microwaves and sold it on eBay.

His video can be seen embedded on c|net’s story (Strangely, this can be viewed, but the main version on YouTube requires registration to watch)[/QUOTE]
The main version on youtube was false flagged, that’s why you need registration to view, I have been subscribed to this guy for a LONG time! it’s quite fun! :bigsmile:

LOL!!! I like the way the nuked iPad was dug out with a fish slice: “Your ‘pizza’ is served, Sir.” :bigsmile:

From a quick look around, it turns out that the iPad is actually not robust and is definitely something you don’t want to slip off your lap even on a carpet! :disagree:

Going by a PC world destruction test, the screen was ruined after being dropped just 3 times on a carpet floor. It’s not water resistant either, with it becoming totally unresponsive after spilling water on it.

This along with two other destruction tests can be found here. One of these tests is “Will it blend?” :smiley:

For Microwaving experiments, my favourite is JPizzle’s microwaving of two iPods, one which exploded blowing open the door.

That was a good vid!

[QUOTE=Arachne;2520234]LOL!!! I like the way the nuked iPad was dug out with a fish slice: “Your ‘pizza’ is served, Sir.” :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

that’s funny!

Starving Children in Ethiopea would appreciate that ipad!!!

Won’t someone think of the Children!!!

Man what a waste of money it must be nice to have money to [B]BURN[/B] LOL!!! :bigsmile: