IPAD Converted Movie Picture Flickers

I’ll try and explain this to the best of my ability. I just bought the wife an IPAD and when I place a movie on it the picture is jumpy throughout the entire movie. What I mean is, the picture kinda flickers during viewing. I did a 2pass conversion to no avail. I have used Fab versions 8005 and 8011 and they both yield the same results. There seems to only be one IPAD profile IPAD h264 and this is the one used. Any help appreciated. The movies that I’ve tried are Why DId I Get Married Too and Percy Jackson the Lightning thief.

[QUOTE=aust3333;2544854]I’ll try and explain this to the best of my ability. I just bought the wife an IPAD and when I place a movie on it the picture is jumpy throughout the entire movie. What I mean is, the picture kinda flickers during viewing. I did a 2pass conversion to no avail. I have used Fab versions 8005 and 8011 and they both yield the same results. There seems to only be one IPAD profile IPAD h264 and this is the one used. Any help appreciated. The movies that I’ve tried are Why DId I Get Married Too and Percy Jackson the Lightning thief.[/QUOTE]

Greetings aust3333 :flower:

I’m not sure how or what steps you go through when you do a conversion, but the best way I have found it is to rip the movie title to your hard first and use the file/folder on the hard drive as the source to do the conversion.

It may be a good idea to rip to the hard drive is to watch the movie/video first before you do the conversion, this will allow you to see if the flickering/jerkiness/skipping is created from the conversion or the actual rip itself.

[B]SJ[/B]

Thanks for the reply Storm. I do exactly as you stated, rip to the HD first. So it looks to be a problem with the conversion. If so, then only an update to the software can solve this correct? I know there aren’t many Ipads out there so this problem problem has not revealed itself. I am an avid IPOD and now Ipad movie converter if you will (lol) so I would love to get this resolved. I have no problems with my Ipod or Ipod touch while converting a movie. They all come out great. Would love to get this issue worked out because the picture on the IPAD is amazing and would enjoy watching movies on it much more. Any other ideas. Thanks.

[QUOTE=aust3333;2545001]Thanks for the reply Storm. I do exactly as you stated, rip to the HD first. So it looks to be a problem with the conversion. If so, then only an update to the software can solve this correct? I know there aren’t many Ipads out there so this problem problem has not revealed itself. I am an avid IPOD and now Ipad movie converter if you will (lol) so I would love to get this resolved. I have no problems with my Ipod or Ipod touch while converting a movie. They all come out great. Would love to get this issue worked out because the picture on the IPAD is amazing and would enjoy watching movies on it much more. Any other ideas. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Try using the AppleTV profile and use the default settings for the output, but increase only the bit rate to about 2000 and see what happens.

[B]SJ[/B]

Have you reviewed the thread I started a while back on converting movies for iPad?

http://club.myce.com/f163/ipad-profile-issue-312298/

Using the procedures therein, with SJ’s guidance, the movies I have converted for my wife’s iPad play perfectly

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2545025]Have you reviewed the thread I started a while back on converting movies for iPad?

http://club.myce.com/f163/ipad-profile-issue-312298/

Using the procedures therein, with SJ’s guidance, the movies I have converted for my wife’s iPad play perfectly[/QUOTE]

About time you jumped in here :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah that was my first help session on the iPad profile :smiley:

Thanks guys, I’ll give it a go and report back.

[QUOTE=aust3333;2545039]Thanks guys, I’ll give it a go and report back.[/QUOTE]

I’ll be waiting… :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

I was about to try all the suggestions provided by Storm and Rosariorose9 but I noticed a new version was available. The new version indicated that it addressed a stuttering problem within the Ripper. I loaded the new version and…Wha La. It works like a charm. No studdering, no nothing. The picture is just beautiful. Previously my conversion to IPAD times were taking on average about 2 to 3 hours on movies that were 1.5 to 2 hours long. I just thought this may be normal since the screen is bigger on the IPAD and more conversion was needed. My IPOD took on average of 25 to 35 minutes depending on the lenght of the movie. Since the new update, I have converted some of the same movies that previously gave me trouble and took about 3 hours, now are completing in 35 to 50 minutes :iagree:… Thank you all for your help. The new update has solved all my issues.:clap:

^^^

GREAT!! Glad you got it working. :clap: Movies on the iPad look wonderful. My wife has me rip a new one each time she takes a flight, and tells me that she couldn’t live without them.

[QUOTE=aust3333;2546160]Hey guys,

I was about to try all the suggestions provided by Storm and Rosariorose9 but I noticed a new version was available. The new version indicated that it addressed a stuttering problem within the Ripper. I loaded the new version and…Wha La. It works like a charm. No studdering, no nothing. The picture is just beautiful. Previously my conversion to IPAD times were taking on average about 2 to 3 hours on movies that were 1.5 to 2 hours long. I just thought this may be normal since the screen is bigger on the IPAD and more conversion was needed. My IPOD took on average of 25 to 35 minutes depending on the lenght of the movie. Since the new update, I have converted some of the same movies that previously gave me trouble and took about 3 hours, now are completing in 35 to 50 minutes :iagree:… Thank you all for your help. The new update has solved all my issues.:clap:[/QUOTE]

Hey thats great happy to hear Fengtao released the fix, and thank you for letting us know :cool:

I am having the same problem where the movie flickrs.
I am running DVD Fab version 8.06.01. My latest try was to rip Sherlock Holmes for my ipad. I tried all of the ipad selections and even tried setting the fps to 23.97 from 30. Still flickers. The movies flickers whether I play it on Itunes or on the ipad. I am a complete novice here so I was wondering if someone could provide exact instructions. Right now I pop in the dvd, select the DVD Ripper, choose Ipad, select the biggest file and press go. Once it is finished I go into itunes and import the file into my library. When I play it the movie fills teh screen nicely but flickers. I have tried multiple dvds and get same result every time. Please help.

[QUOTE=westport;2564829]I am having the same problem where the movie flickrs.
I am running DVD Fab version 8.06.01. My latest try was to rip Sherlock Holmes for my ipad. I tried all of the ipad selections and even tried setting the fps to 23.97 from 30. Still flickers. The movies flickers whether I play it on Itunes or on the ipad. I am a complete novice here so I was wondering if someone could provide exact instructions. Right now I pop in the dvd, select the DVD Ripper, choose Ipad, select the biggest file and press go. Once it is finished I go into itunes and import the file into my library. When I play it the movie fills teh screen nicely but flickers. I have tried multiple dvds and get same result every time. Please help.[/QUOTE]

Hi westport

Welcome to the forum :flower:

Which codec do you have selected in common settings-> A/V Codec ? also have you tried changing the settings at all ?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2564955]Hi westport

Welcome to the forum :flower:

Which codec do you have selected in common settings-> A/V Codec ? also have you tried changing the settings at all ?[/QUOTE]

Hi StormJumper,

Thanks for the reply.
My Video Decoders all Say “Software”

Enable Lightning -Recording is Selected

Under Codec Information it reads:
Graphics Chipset :
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family
Supported Video Codecs :
DXVA_MODE_MPEG2
CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

I have tried to change the following settings:
FPS from 30 fps to 23.976
I also tried to do high quality encoding 2 passes

Thanks for any help you could provide!

[QUOTE=westport;2564966]Hi StormJumper,

Thanks for the reply.
My Video Decoders all Say “Software”

Enable Lightning -Recording is Selected

Under Codec Information it reads:
Graphics Chipset :
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family
Supported Video Codecs :
DXVA_MODE_MPEG2
CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

I have tried to change the following settings:
FPS from 30 fps to 23.976
I also tried to do high quality encoding 2 passes

Thanks for any help you could provide![/QUOTE]

Is your problem on a laptop ?

Using an hp touchsmart desktop with windows 7 64 bit. 4 gigs of ram.
I can rip and play Vob files ripped from DVD fab and mp4 files not ripped from DVD fab perfectly. Is there a specific parameter set I should be using to rip DVDs for the iPad?