Ios 7

IOS 7 is out for selected iPhone’s and iPAD’s
Has anyone updated yet?
If so, what are your impressions of IOS 7?

I like it Wendy, but its seems maybe I am the only one, unless you like it too, I think its much more responsive and I love the new Icons.

Look here JW doesnt like it and neither do a few more.

Childish icons and gui
Safari isn’t that intuitive anymore
Fortunately,my most uses apps,like GoodReader,QuickOfiice and Notability work with IOS 7
Overall faster response
Also standard during installation:find my iPhone,ipad is configured for the cloud,there’s a 4 digit code needed to login and you can trace your device when it’s stolen

From an IPad 2

Just an Old Fuddy Duuddy here

Don’t much like the see through stuff ( hurts my eyes ).
9 to 12 options to take a picture from a phone seems stupid to me.
Always on looking for your location kills batteries.
Had to sign up with apple when i got it but have never gone to apple, have no idea what my login or password was.

But then I still only use my pretty much as a Phone, i do use the calculator a little and don’t like the new see through circles.I also use notes now and then.
I have no apps on my mine, no facebook,twitter or any of those other places.
Thats why I only have to charge mine every 3 or 4 days.

It seems they are just trying to force you more and more to the cloud so not a big fan of this new IOS7
Just my 3 cents worth.

I think its faster and way more entertaining to look at, I only use a few apps like Tap-a-Talk and my stock market apps, but I have to say that using Chrome on the Iphone is the way to go for browsing, I like it.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2700682]I think its faster and way more entertaining to look at, I only use a few apps like Tap-a-Talk and my stock market apps, but I have to say that using Chrome on the Iphone is the way to go for browsing, I like it.;)[/QUOTE]

Chrome on iPhone? That’s as shocking as Facebook and Twitter on iPhone.

Hilarious!!!:bow::bow::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Looooooooooooool olyteddy :wink:

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2700701]Chrome on iPhone? That’s as shocking as Facebook and Twitter on iPhone.[/QUOTE]
Why cant you get Chrome on your Iphone? I have it on mine and it works great. You are all the sames guys that get stuck in a rut blasting the best things out there, have any of you tried a new 5S yet, I think not, its the only 64bit phone available now, soon all will be but who was first? Sorry you all hate Windows 8 also so I have to say " to each his own".:bigsmile::wink:

I like it. I updated because I bought an used iPad for my wife and just wanted to try the new OS. I find the iPad is more responsive (It’s an iPad 3, I have one too and I am comparing side by side) with the same apps. Later I updated my iPhone 4S and is working fine too. Personally, I think that for the iPad the folders could be better organized, too much empty space.

Just read online somewhere, a report which pointed out an unfixed bug in iPhones which allows anyone to “unlock” your phone and make calls, look at your pix, upload to social media…basically anything they want: all they do is get the emergency dialler screen, dial a number and hit “call” quickly and repeatedly so that the phone locks up and reboots: the call then goes through and the lock screen is gone…[B]your phone is vulnerable![/B]

:eek::eek::eek:

PS…I´d get an iPhone too, if they ran android:cool:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2700908]Just read online somewhere, a report which pointed out an unfixed bug in iPhones which allows anyone to “unlock” your phone and make calls, look at your pix, upload to social media…basically anything they want: all they do is get the emergency dialler screen, dial a number and hit “call” quickly and repeatedly so that the phone locks up and reboots: the call then goes through and the lock screen is gone…[B]your phone is vulnerable![/B]

:eek::eek::eek:

PS…I´d get an iPhone too, if they ran android:cool:[/QUOTE]

If they want to see naked pics of me, they wont find them on my Iphone LOL

[QUOTE=alan1476;2700946]If they want to see naked pics of me, they wont find them on my Iphone LOL[/QUOTE]Gaaaaah!!! I hope you have strong protection so that such pictures don’t end up on the internet! :eek: :sad:

:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2700949]Gaaaaah!!! I hope you have strong protection so that such pictures don’t end up on the internet! :eek: :sad:

:p[/QUOTE] I caught you hacking into my Iphone, I know you were looking for them, only a dragon would do that LOL.:wink: If they were on the internet they would have gone " Viral" in the true sense of the word. LOL.

Having given IOS 7 a few days to get used to, I like it.

The teapot joke is actually quite funny, and yes, Apple do tend to charge a lot of cash for their products.

I’m a big fan of Android, and I love my Nexus 4 cell phone, but when it comes to tablets, IOS apps are light years ahead of anything Android has to offer.

Hmmm… I’m not sure I can warm to the look of some of the screens on iOS 7.

Certain screens on my wife’s iPhone look very retro and dated to me. Not the latest cutting edge thing that I, and no doubt others, would have tended to expect. The dialling screen looks particularly plain and boring to me.

There’s been an awful lot of hype surrounding iOS 7 but I’ve yet to see anyone comment on enhanced features that have been added.

I’d be curious to know has anyone here located any new stuff yet in iOS 7 that they’ve actually found useful?

[B]Wombler[/B]

My daughter says she is also starting to get use to it, still a lot she doesn’t like about it but she is stuck with it. And yes she will soon be charging it at least twice a day just to keep it going.

I don’t hate it I dislike a lot about it myself which is why I personally will not be upgrading.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2700946]If they want to see naked pics of me, they wont find them on my Iphone LOL[/QUOTE]

No, but it is the start of some lowlife being able to leave your fingerprints at the scene of a crime.

[QUOTE=Dee;2701224]Having given IOS 7 a few days to get used to, I like it.

The teapot joke is actually quite funny, and yes, Apple do tend to charge a lot of cash for their products.

I’m a big fan of Android, and I love my Nexus 4 cell phone, but when it comes to tablets, IOS apps are light years ahead of anything Android has to offer.[/QUOTE]

I’d have to disagree there dee. I have yet to find anything for the apple that compares to 1channel and there are plenty of games available on both systems that don’t cost me a dime for the full version on the Android but they cost money to get a full version for the Apple. I have yet to see any significant difference/improvement with the Apple versions. That and I will take the maps/navigation on android any day of the week over apple’s system.

Don’t get me wrong, I think apple has some great apps with a smooth interface but I haven’t seen anything useful on the Apple that is light years ahead of Android. For the record I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and a cheap Huawei Android phone and I have done enough comparisons with Apple products on both to know that I would gladly take either one of them over an Iphone or an Ipad.