iOS 7 Released to Older Iphones Today

vbimport

Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) has launched iOS7 to the public and it is available for the older phones to download. But some might face battery life issues upon downloading this new operating system as the battery may phase out very soon.

My Daughter downloaded yesterday
Boy is it an ugly change.
I will not be updating mine.

Darn, I should have waited for your review Beany, I am installing it now. :sad:

My girlfriend got an iPad from her workplace and updated it yesterday. It was hard to see the disappointment when she saw iOS7.

Fortunately I always thought her that Android will be more mature over time as more companies work on it and she bought herself a Samsung Galaxy 4 phone :wink:

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2700632]My girlfriend got an iPad from her workplace and updated it yesterday. It was hard to see the disappointment when she saw iOS7.

Fortunately I always thought her that Android will be more mature over time as more companies work on it and she bought herself a Samsung Galaxy 4 phone ;)[/QUOTE]
Its not so bad JW and Siri and using the phone is much faster now, I mean noticeably faster, I will be updating to the 5S at midnight tonight, ordering 2 of them online for me and my son. It has a 64 bit processor, the first phone to have one so that should be something to look forward to.

I just don’t like Apple at all, it’s overpriced and they bring all the features like they are world changing while they are not. I think Apple is no longer as innovative as they were called before. But the most I dislike the fact that their eco-system is so closed, I love the fact that I can do whatever I want with my phone and tablet without being restricted. For me that’s a really important thing, I don’t want to be jailed by anyone.

Besides that, I would say that objectively you get more bang for your buck on Android. 64-bit is not something you will notice with real-world usage, maybe benchmarks will show some speed increase but it’s mainly because it can now allocate more memory, that’s what I understand.

However the news is now full of reports that say Android will also support 64-bit soon, so it’s not even a novelty anymore, I guess it was already in the pipeline and just a logic step forward.

The numbers are already clear, Apple is not as dominant as it was anymore and I think in three years their market shares will be nowhere close to what they are now. Android is open, many big brands contribute to it, and I think we’ll see it in more devices than just phones, tablets and TVs. I rather see Android with their open eco-system do that then any other closed OS.

Directly after installing iOS7 I recieved this e-mail from Apple

Dear Alan , Congratulations on your update to iOS 7. As an iCloud user, part of your upgrade includes new features built into Find My iPhone that make it harder for anyone else to use or sell your device if it is ever lost or stolen. With Find My iPhone turned on in iOS 7, your Apple ID () and password will always be required before anyone can: • Turn off Find My iPhone on your device.• Erase your device. • Reactivate and use your device. There is nothing you need to do except to keep Find My iPhone turned on and remember your Apple ID and password. For more information, read the FAQ. Note: As always, if you plan to give your device to someone else, make sure to erase all content and settings before transferring it to the new owner. This will remove the device from your account and allow the new owner to activate it. For more information, read What to do before transferring ownership of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Looks like this:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2700629]Darn, I should have waited for your review Beany, I am installing it now. :sad:[/QUOTE]

My Daughter did like a couple of the new changes but overall not so much.
Right now she has to charge her phone everynight ( I do my every 3 or 4 days ) with the new stuff she will probably have to charge it twice a day.

[QUOTE=bean55;2700651]My Daughter did like a couple of the new changes but overall not so much.
Right now she has to charge her phone everynight ( I do my every 3 or 4 days ) with the new stuff she will probably have to charge it twice a day.[/QUOTE]
Go and Google the " Mophie Juice Pack Plus" its a game changer.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2700640]Directly after installing iOS7 I recieved this e-mail from Apple

Dear Alan , Congratulations on your update to iOS 7. As an iCloud user, part of your upgrade includes new features built into Find My iPhone that make it harder for anyone else to use or sell your device if it is ever lost or stolen. With Find My iPhone turned on in iOS 7, your Apple ID () and password will always be required before anyone can: • Turn off Find My iPhone on your device.• Erase your device. • Reactivate and use your device. There is nothing you need to do except to keep Find My iPhone turned on and remember your Apple ID and password. For more information, read the FAQ. Note: As always, if you plan to give your device to someone else, make sure to erase all content and settings before transferring it to the new owner. This will remove the device from your account and allow the new owner to activate it. For more information, read What to do before transferring ownership of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Alan for posting this important note to new iPhone users. :clap:

At my work (state official) we burn all iPhones before an “upgrade” [ie. before we exchange to new phones/ iOS] since iOS5 because this issue. The going says; you can’t errase an iPhone all datan no matter what you do. Right or wrong? I’m not the man to judge. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2700648]Looks like this:

http://officialandroid.blogspot.nl/2013/08/find-your-lost-phone-with-android.html[/QUOTE]

A better alternative is Cerberus,but you need a rooted device…
If you have a Samsung device,you can also make an account for Samsung’s “find my mobile”,but although I signed up,I still prefer Cerberus on my Note 2…:iagree:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2700673]Thanks Alan for posting this important note to new iPhone users. :clap:

At my work (state official) we burn all iPhones before an “upgrade” [ie. before we exchange to new phones/ iOS] since iOS5 because this issue. The going says; you can’t errase an iPhone all datan no matter what you do. Right or wrong? I’m not the man to judge. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
All you have to do with an Iphone is go onto ITunes and revert the phone to Brand new status, all data wiped. :wink:

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2700636]I just don’t like Apple at all, it’s overpriced and they bring all the features like they are world changing while they are not. I think Apple is no longer as innovative as they were called before. But the most I dislike the fact that their eco-system is so closed, I love the fact that I can do whatever I want with my phone and tablet without being restricted. For me that’s a really important thing, I don’t want to be jailed by anyone.

Besides that, I would say that objectively you get more bang for your buck on Android. 64-bit is not something you will notice with real-world usage, maybe benchmarks will show some speed increase but it’s mainly because it can now allocate more memory, that’s what I understand.

However the news is now full of reports that say Android will also support 64-bit soon, so it’s not even a novelty anymore, I guess it was already in the pipeline and just a logic step forward.

The numbers are already clear, Apple is not as dominant as it was anymore and I think in three years their market shares will be nowhere close to what they are now. Android is open, many big brands contribute to it, and I think we’ll see it in more devices than just phones, tablets and TVs. I rather see Android with their open eco-system do that then any other closed OS.[/QUOTE]

Well said, that and the Iphone fingerprint scanner has already been hacked. Granted at this point it’s in a limited capacity, but only two days after release is kinda scary.