Iomega SuperDVD 16x

vbimport

I have an Iomega SuperDVD 16x. It’s worked very well since I got it, but from the very get go, I’ve been using DVD+r media. Someone gave me a stack of DVD-r’s and now I can’t write. I’ve looked up the information on Iomega’s website and it says that I can burn -r media. Another thing is that since I first got the dvd writer, it’s used the “Lite-on DVDRW SOHW-1633S USB Device” driver. I’ve downloaded the firmware upgrade for the Iomega SuperDVD but it’s not allowing me to do this since it’s not recognized as the SuperDVD but as the Lite-on. Can you provide any help?

Thanks in advance!

Get better DVD-R media or search for an firmware update.

I’ve found the firmware update. I can’t update it if I don’t have the right DRIVER! It won’t let me update the firmware as it can not see the device, as it’s showing it as a Lite-on instead of what it is: Iomega

What is the current firmware the drive is using?

It’s showing it’s a Lite-on DVDRW SOHW-1633S USB Device. The DVD Burner is actually an Iomega. The Iomega site says that XP has the driver on it.

[QUOTE=tombyen;2136227]I’ve found the firmware update. I can’t update it if I don’t have the right DRIVER! It won’t let me update the firmware as it can not see the device, as it’s showing it as a Lite-on instead of what it is: Iomega[/QUOTE]

Nope, that has nothing to do with DRIVERS! Drivers are software, firmware is specific device software - and what you need, or a good crossflasher.

So, how do I obtain such a piece of software?

Check the codeguys.rpc1.org site.