Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS Review

vbimport

I just posted the article Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS Review.

Iomega have built on their past experience and pulled out all the stops to try and make this their best budget NAS unit ever. So did they succeed? Find out here in this in depth review brought to you by MyCE.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/iomega-storcenter-ix2-200-nas-review-36061/](http://www.myce.com/review/iomega-storcenter-ix2-200-nas-review-36061/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Thank you for the very nice review.
I had not considered the Iomega brand in regards to buying an NAS but your review has made me take a closer look at this model.
The price is very good and this model is now on my shortlist.

Would you happen to know if there is an addon Wi-Fi option for this unit ?

thank you for this informative and comprehensive review.

I look forward to future ones.

[QUOTE=Dezign;2554932]Thank you for the very nice review.
I had not considered the Iomega brand in regards to buying an NAS but your review has made me take a closer look at this model.
The price is very good and this model is now on my shortlist.

Would you happen to know if there is an addon Wi-Fi option for this unit ?[/QUOTE]

You don’t need any extras to be able to do this.

Connect it to your wireless router then you can access all your files wirelessly or stream media to suitable devices.

You can access the NAS unit wirelessly on a laptop just by installing the StorCenter Manager software and I was able to see the unit from my wife’s laptop as soon as this software was installed.

You may want to set up the user accounts first though and use these to log in from the laptop.

Other devices such as the Xbox 360 will recognise the NAS as soon as they’re connected to your wireless network.

Glad you like the review and I hope you’ve found it useful. :flower:

If you’ve any further queries though please feel free to ask as I’m more than glad to assist.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=andrewgreaves;2554984]thank you for this informative and comprehensive review.

I look forward to future ones.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Andrew. :flower:

Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your time here.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hello

I deleted some video files by mistake on my Iomega ix2-200 StorCenter.
I stopped writing any action on the StorCenter and it is always on and works very well.

How can I recover these files ? there is no trash on the StorCenter !
I tried some free software from my Windows laptop but they can’t find my Nas on the network to scan the deleted files.

A friend told me to connect the Nas to an Linux Ubuntu machine to recover the files.
How to connect the NAS directly to the linux machine ? with the LAN cable ? and how should I proceed to recover?

(the iomega support don’t help me much if I don’t send the nas to them)

Thank you, it is very urgent, any help appreciated

Regards

I own a laptop with Windows 8; (and Ubuntu)
Apple AirPort Extreme router;
and an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 Cloud Edition.