Invalid format

vbimport

when i start some of my divix movies, i get an invalid file format error. i was just wondering what that is. all the other movies play so i think its the videos themselves.

corrupt files I think

Or wrong codec…

Try installing the latest DivX codecs and also the SMR Codec, search on www.google.com for these downloads then u shouldnt have any problems.

However if the file is not complete then u cant play the file, especially .avi files, it seems incomplete mpeg, asf files work.

Originally posted by DLid
However if the file is not complete then u cant play the file, especially .avi files, it seems incomplete mpeg, asf files work.

you can play incomplete avi files by right clicking on the file and choose properties and then preview

Right, so I spent a couple hours downloading this divx file, and then I get the same error you got. What the deal was is this: It was incomplete. You can fix that with a copy of DIVFIX. I think you can get a copy at www.divx-digest.com

THis guy made it with Borland Delphi:
Budai Csaba
Tatabanya
Sarberek 603. II/6.
Hungary

It will repair the index of broken files, and then when you go to resume download after watching it, you can re-strip the index so the resume works ok. I give this program a big ass thumbs up.