Invalid Block Start Code

I have a problem that only occurs when I try to copy a DVD already backed up from the original DVD by Clone DVD.

The error message received after a few seconds is:
Invalid Block Start Code (PS 10VOBU 333 VOBU 415919 81 Clone 6 TCE)

Versions of Clone DVD and AnyDVD are 1.3.11.2 & 3.2.0.1
Backing up the original DVD with Clone DVD is ok, everything works fine.

I tried another program to copy my backup produced by Clone DVD and had no problems…

DVD burner is Pioneer A06, XP Pro SP1, 1GB DDR Ram etc…

Any help would be appreciated.

Segale32

The “6” error is mentioned in the FAQ. Always pays to check for Frequently Asked Questions, eh?

eh…
“Creation of DVD files was not succesful:IFO Properties 6TCE The meaning of this error is, that CloneDVD has detected a structural inconsistency of the input IFO files. So far, this happened only if you try to post-process Instant Copy 8 files with CloneDVD. In case of interleaved/multi-angle titles IC8 produces invalid - so called VOBU maps - with duplicated and … bad for fixing the IFO files on the fly … missing reference entries. If this happens in any other situation, please don’t hesitate to send the IFO files and a small bug-description to bugs (at) elby.ch. If possible, we will try to compensate these errors in future versions of CloneDVD.”

I did read FAQ as above before posting, but it doesn’t explain why the copied Clone DVD can be copied by using another program (Copy DVD Platinum).

As I can see it, Clone DVD can’t copy it’s own. If the DVD has errors - structural inconsistency of the input IFO files etc - according to FAQ, it should not be able to be copied by another progam…???

Originally posted by segale32
[B]

As I can see it, Clone DVD can’t copy it’s own. If the DVD has errors - structural inconsistency of the input IFO files etc - according to FAQ, it should not be able to be copied by another progam…??? [/B]

Well, IFOProperties:6 is not the problem here, this is something else…

Here the ‘invalid block start code’ looks like a read error to me (other programs may silently ignore it). To isolate the problem, please try the procedure again but with writing the files to the harddrive only (hope you have enough harddrive space).

BTW: For a temporary solution, try using ‘write existing data’ to copy DVD-5s 1:1.

please try the procedure again but with writing the files to the harddrive only

I still get the error:

But, your temporary solution works, thank you very much!!!

>> I still get the error:

Oops, that is unexpected.

To reproduce the problem we need the name and region code of the original DVD and the settings you used in CloneDVD.

Best to post this to: bugs (at) elby.ch

thanks

I will send the information as requested.

Thank you again for your help.