Introduction

This new Forum is to give all users of the NeroSDK to get in dialog with each other. We will also monitor the messages from time to time and try to help where possible.

NeroSDK is a software development kit, which enables you to write your own burning software or add burning capabilities to any software, which will work as long as Nero is installed on your PC.
Please download the free kit at:

Enjoy it!

Nice to have another section fo the forum up. Will be frequenting this often I bet, after I see what the program is all about.

First Reply :cool:

At first I was very excited about this forum. Then I realized, it is only for C/C++ programmers and nothing for VB, Java or C#.

Hmmm!

In the next big update of Nero there will be NeroCOM included. NeroCOM is a set of COM classes and interfaces that
can be used in any programming language that supports COM philosophy (practically
all modern languages for Win32 platforms including C/C++, Delphi, Visual Basic,
Java, etc.).

Using NeroCOM you have access to almost all the functionality NeroAPI offers.

You can expect NeroCOM being available in the next few month.

[ranting]
So VB is still officially considered a language?
[/ranting]

Originally posted by DawnLoader
[B]At first I was very excited about this forum. Then I realized, it is only for C/C++ programmers and nothing for VB, Java or C#.

Hmmm! [/B]

VB? i dont even want to hear it.

And C# (along with other .NET languages) has the ability to interoperate with C++, so this is hardly a problem. Simply write a basic wrapper class in Managed C++, and by doing this you’ll be able to access the Nero API through C#.

Simpile as this
C# --> Managed C++ Wrapper --> Nero API (Native C++)

For those of you who choose to think that VB is not a real language, I applaud you. Not for believing what you think, but for being as bold as you are for coming out and admitting that VB is too hard for you to learn. The rest of us understand how difficult this must be for you.

Keeping the sensitivity of this topic for the lingual challenged in mind, we’d like to offer a helping hand. Click here to get information on a book that will aid you in understanding and grasping the basics of the VB language. It is written in a language that everyone can understand, even the lingual challenged themselves.

On behalf of all VB programmers, we wish you luck.

Originally posted by CraigNobbs
[B]For those of you who choose to think that VB is not a real language, I applaud you. Not for believing what you think, but for being as bold as you are for coming out and admitting that VB is too hard for you to learn. The rest of us understand how difficult this must be for you.

Keeping the sensitivity of this topic for the lingual challenged in mind, we’d like to offer a helping hand. Click here to get information on a book that will aid you in understanding and grasping the basics of the VB language. It is written in a language that everyone can understand, even the lingual challenged themselves.

On behalf of all VB programmers, we wish you luck. [/B]

I’d recommend starting with Michael Halverson’s Visual Basic 6 Step by Step from MSFT Press, followed by Gary Cornell’s Visual Basic 6 from the Ground Up.

Francesco Balena’s book may also be good, but I have it only on CD-ROM (came with his VB .NET book) so I’ve not looked at it closely.

Very useful apps can be easily wtritten using VB 6, e.g… see Sorting Performance and Pagefile monitor

vb works (and i can use it when forced to) but:

1: the code it produces runs slowly
2: it encourages the use of variants
3: it takes over your code formatting (this is the thing that pisses me off about it most)
4: it sometimes gives strange errors which its impossible to find out any more info on (ie neither google or msdn finds anything)
5: you can’t take the debugger into the standard library
6: some things are either impossible or bloody close to it (adding a working entry to a forms system menu for example)
7: it has a heavy dependence on activx controls which makes running without first having your app installed (by a program not written in vb)
8: it needs a large runtime support dll

im sure there are plently of other reasons to hate vb theese are just the ones that immidiately spring to mind

btw i just looked at http://sourceforge.net/projects/delphineroapi/ and from looking at it the biggest problem with using the api from vb would be the calling convention (cdecl) from what i remember im pretty sure vb only supports stdcall for dll inports

Three more annoying VB things:

1. when you build the executable, the compiler finds one error at a time
  2. The debugger’s “step” and “step into” hot keys are different for VB and VC++ (it seems that these products were made by different companies)
  3. when you close a project, the IDE deletes ALL your breakpoints and watch expressions

OTOH, I don’t find #3 (code formatting) too disturbing, maybe because I like Python.

I’ve read a) Nero SDK license txt file, 2) nero.com page about SDK which links to this forum, 3) NeroAPI6.3.14.pdf, 4) this Introduction topic and I still can’t understand:

1. Will my program created and compiled with Nero SDK run on another computer on which Nero is NOT installed?

2. Is this SDK free or not? What is the price?

1. NO, you application will NOT run on systems where Nero is NOT installed.
  2. This SDK is for free but you can use it only, if you have a runable Nero version installed on your PC, which is unfortunately not for free.

Thank you for reply.
Hm… I was looking for an SDK that can enable the development of a program that can support burning CD/DVDs, so I thought Nero SDK is something that includes redistributable files. (And SDK of this kind should not be free, of course.) It would be great if you can provide this SDK, with special price for shareware developers within 100-200 USD and royalty-free redistributable files.

Nero’s policy is OK when you know in advance that you will not sell many copies of your shareware app: the SDK is free, and you pay only on a per-installation basis. If this is not your case, you may consider buying a more expensive SDK with no royalties to redistribute.

If you wait long enough, Microsoft might decide to release an API to do DVD writing…

As I understand now, it is required to distribute and install Nero with application. It is really impossible when the price of shareware application is less than 50 and Nero price is 70.

Yes, but you can always sell your shareware application to people who already have Nero installed. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are NOT forced to redistribute Nero with your software because your users can buy Nero separately.

[B]Dear All

I am looking for programmer who are very familiar with Nero SDK. Please write to me if you are interested at umaran at streamyx dot com.

Urgent

Thanks
Thiru[/B]

Help!!!

Guys,

I am new to Nero SDK. Please help me out and I have no clue how to solve this problem. Guide me if I am in the wrong thread.

Question: Does NeroCmd.exe has option to split large files so that it will fit in two DVD’s.
(Ex: if I have a Database backup file which is of 6 GB I want to split the backup file so that 4GB will go into 1 dvd and the rest goes into the second)

Any guide lines or help is appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance
SRi123

This link doesn’t work. The new link is http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/SDK_API.html

I wanna to ask how to do the basic copy video with our windows media player to cdr? who can teach mi??