Introducing "LiteON Premium" burner drive

vbimport

On Aug 23rd, Liteon introduced a new burner, “LiteON Premium”. It reminds me of the famous Plextor Premium.

Features:
-Enhanced Production Quality Control
-Redesigned Buffer Management
-Advanced Disc Quality Measurement. PIE/POE,JITTER,BETA,FE/TE parameters are measured for total quaity control.
-Recommended Media List. Discs listed in the list are fully optimized to offer excellent writing result.
-Long Support and Production Period. You don’t have to worry about it being discontinued.

Anyone here interested in this product?
For more info, please see http://www.liteonodd.com/en/half-high-type/item/half-high-type/dh-16afsh-premm.html

Universal open-source optical disc drive firmwares?

Interesting to se that new drives are still being introduced and that they are focusing on quality and features rather than raw speed.

Personally I have no need for this, since I could currently burn the discs I need without using the same drive more than once a year, but for others this might be interesting.

Welcome to the forums.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2780332]Interesting to se that new drives are still being introduced and that they are focusing on quality and features rather than raw speed.

Personally I have no need for this, since I could currently burn the discs I need without using the same drive more than once a year, but for others this might be interesting.

Welcome to the forums.[/QUOTE]

I agree ‘DragonMaster’ :wink: It is interesting to see such a device surfacing :iagree: - I only ever burn audio for the most, but if it holds up there I may be buying myself another drive :flower:

To add, there are three new drives, two slim internal drives besides the half-height internal DH-16AFSH-Premm. They are the DU-8A6SH-Premm (9.5mm) and the DS-8ACSH-Premm (12.7mm). See the chart in section 7 of the Freatures tab on the DU-8A6SH-Premm page.

I’m wondering what software they are using to do the testing?

Hm. So it looks like they’ve settled on the iHAS124 F-series hardware for the long run for the desktop drive, and have done something similar for the laptop drives. Wonder if this means they’ll also not be releasing anything based on new hardware for the foreseeable future.

Why would I want a dvd burner, I have more quality dvd burners then I can use now, and i still have a few 1655, and 1640’s for testing.
I would want a blue ray burner that can do everything and test, otherwise why waste my time and money.

Anybody know anything about availability and prices?

Looks like they developed a new software based on the original KProbe. They added FE/TE and Beta test which was not found on previous KProbe release.

[QUOTE=Algol;2780336]To add, there are three new drives, two slim internal drives besides the half-height internal DH-16AFSH-Premm. They are the DU-8A6SH-Premm (9.5mm) and the DS-8ACSH-Premm (12.7mm). See the chart in section 7 of the Freatures tab on the DU-8A6SH-Premm page.

I’m wondering what software they are using to do the testing?[/QUOTE]

But I don’t know if they will add detailed disc quality reporting, E11-E31,E12-E32 and jitter for CD and 1-5 PIE, POE for DVD, which are only possible on Nexperia and Sanyo based drives.
It’s likely this drive is still MTK-based and useless for testing CDs.

Still curious about release dates…anyone have any information?

hello
I guess the model DH-16AFSH
has been on the market for some time.
Only under a different label from HP
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_153439_1&swEnvOid=4059

For Sony LiteOn has already the Optiarc AD 5280S CB-Plus
brought on the market.
Maybe the DH-16AFSH is even identical with the !?

Versions HP, Dell, Acer, Lenovo and similar - DH16AFSH is an OEM for producers of ready computer systems and are available from the beginning of 2015.
They aren’t the same model as Liteon DH-16AFSH - Premm.

[QUOTE=oldburny;2783487]hello
I guess the model DH-16AFSH
has been on the market for some time.
Only under a different label from HP
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_153439_1&swEnvOid=4059

For Sony LiteOn has already the Optiarc AD 5280S CB-Plus
brought on the market.
Maybe the DH-16AFSH is even identical with the !?[/QUOTE]

Sony’s AD-5280S CB-PLUS is not the same as the LiteOn drives (any of them) and has been out for a few years. It is a Sony OptiArc drive, I have had it since before I started really messing around with LiteOn drives…was my first overburning drive that didn’t require a burnermax payload or custom firmware.

The Premm edition doesn’t seem to be available yet, and I’m curious to find out if they even promote the drive like we expect or if it’s just started to be included in OEM computers or something…seems like a strange news announcement for such a long period of time between release and announcement…if that makes sense.

Just for your information on October 8, 2016 I sent an e-mail to Korean Headquarters asking when can we expect this drive in Europe. After three days on October 11, they came back to me with the following:
[I]“Thank you for your email and interest to our premium ODD.
This is new coming product that we are just distribute it t some area.
May I know more about you that I could know how to let you buy the product”[/I]

I explained them that I am an end user living in Athens, Greece, but I haven’t heard from them since then. According to their statement this is not a drive that would be globally available. Only for “some” markets, whatever that means.

[QUOTE=seven8;2785151]Just for your information on October 8, 2016 I sent an e-mail to Korean Headquarters asking when can we expect this drive in Europe. After three days on October 11, they came back to me with the following:
[I]“Thank you for your email and interest to our premium ODD.
This is new coming product that we are just distribute it t some area.
May I know more about you that I could know how to let you buy the product”[/I]

I explained them that I am an end user living in Athens, Greece, but I haven’t heard from them since then. According to their statement this is not a drive that would be globally available. Only for “some” markets, whatever that means.[/QUOTE]

I emailed LiteOn asking the same but I received no reply. By the way, I think their headquarters are in Taiwan and not Korea.

I think you are right Kyrcy :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=sanyolc;2780329]On Aug 23rd, Liteon introduced a new burner, “LiteON Premium”. It reminds me of the famous Plextor Premium.
[/QUOTE]
Hi
Any news?? or this announcement is a classic “Vaporware” ??? :confused:

There never was any -Premm product in Australia… just the usual junk!
http://www.shopbot.com.au/~liteon

Well, I managed to import a couple of these. Both came with different firmware versions - DWD2 (2016/04/07) and DWD3 (2016/08/03).

I’ve read both off with DosFlash, it didn’t work via other tools.

They show up as ‘LITEON DH-16AFSH PREMM2’ drives.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get any software with them, so I’m unable to comment on scanning tools etc. :frowning:

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2788142]Well, I managed to import a couple of these. Both came with different firmware versions - DWD2 (2016/04/07) and DWD3 (2016/08/03).

I’ve read both off with DosFlash, it didn’t work via other tools.

They show up as ‘LITEON DH-16AFSH PREMM2’ drives.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get any software with them, so I’m unable to comment on scanning tools etc. :([/QUOTE]
Would you be willing to share the firmware for storage in the archives?