Introduce yourself: Say hi!

vbimport

Hi Danielx64 and welcome to the forums! :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hello everyone.

Been lurking at this site many times, now I decided to register at the forum as well.

[QUOTE=BinTech;2769099]Hello everyone.

Been lurking at this site many times, now I decided to register at the forum as well.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum BinTech, great to have you here :flower:
read my message to francisK above for more info: http://club.myce.com/f34/introduce-yourself-say-hi-231686/index301.html#post2767803

Hello!

Some people like to watch the world burn.

I am a [B]bit[/B] different.

I like to watch the DVD burn, perfectly. :cool:

[B]Looking forward to a great experience![/B]

DvD burn, oh it was like ages ago)

[QUOTE=blazzer12;2769199]Hello!

Some people like to watch the world burn.

I am a [B]bit[/B] different.

I like to watch the DVD burn, perfectly. :cool:

[B]Looking forward to a great experience![/B][/QUOTE]
Welcome to the forum. :flower:

Sounds like you’ve come to the right place. :iagree:

I am a 64 year old retired auto and small engine mechanic. Though I love mechanics which was not only my bread and butter, but my hobby as well. Love to built hot engines, but because of arthritis have had to limit my mechanic activities.

But in retirement I have found a love for working on computer, laptops and tablets. I spent four years in the USAF during the Vietnam war and was training as a combat communications tech. We repaired, setup, and operated line of sight equipment for communications purposes.

Because I have a good electronic background I have had the ability to teach myself a good deal about computer repair. When I get stumped I go to sites like this one for help. I am not a geek, in repairing computers, but far from a newbie.

I have always loved the challenge of trying to understand why something would work properly and that is one reason I, after leaving the USAF, I continued working as a mechanic. I started working on autos at age 14 and continued until I had to retire.

Glad to be here and have already found out there are those on this site that know their stuff as Xercus helped me solve an audio problem that no one else had been able to solve. The solution was simple, but one I had completely been stumped by.

Welcome to the forum [B]kemperhils[/B]. :flower:

[QUOTE=kemperhils;2769439]I am a 64 year old retired auto and small engine mechanic. Though I love mechanics which was not only my bread and butter, but my hobby as well. Love to built hot engines, but because of arthritis have had to limit my mechanic activities.

But in retirement I have found a love for working on computer, laptops and tablets. I spent four years in the USAF during the Vietnam war and was training as a combat communications tech. We repaired, setup, and operated line of sight equipment for communications purposes.

Because I have a good electronic background I have had the ability to teach myself a good deal about computer repair. When I get stumped I go to sites like this one for help. I am not a geek, in repairing computers, but far from a newbie.

I have always loved the challenge of trying to understand why something would work properly and that is one reason I, after leaving the USAF, I continued working as a mechanic. I started working on autos at age 14 and continued until I had to retire.

Glad to be here and have already found out there are those on this site that know their stuff as Xercus helped me solve an audio problem that no one else had been able to solve. The solution was simple, but one I had completely been stumped by.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you’ve found this place useful kemperhils and welcome to the forums. :flower:

I’ve watched a lot of TV programmes on car mechanics and it never ceases to amaze me the amount of stuff you guys have to know. :bow:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi, friends my name Andy I’m from Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Welcome to the forums Andy. Hope you enjoy your visit here.

Welcome kemperhils & YogyakartaID, hope you enjoy your stay here

Hey all, my name is megan and glad to be here :slight_smile:

lol thor21344, I like your signature

[QUOTE=Wombler;2769487]Glad to hear you’ve found this place useful kemperhils and welcome to the forums. :flower:

I’ve watched a lot of TV programmes on car mechanics and it never ceases to amaze me the amount of stuff you guys have to know. :bow:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, Wombler, when I first started working on autos in the early 60,s, with a handful of wrenches and some screwdrivers, I could do almost anything to and engine. But when I retired I had to know a lot about the electronics, and their interaction.

As a small engine mechanic some of the larger zero turn mower engines were fuel injected which computer control much like a car.

Didn’t get to work on one, but my former boss told me, and it is probably on the market now, that Kohler was producing a high end zero turn motor that was so complicated that the only way Kohler would authorize a shop to work on the engine is if they bought a $200 computer diagnostic program that connects to a diagnostic port on the mower.

IMO, this engine control stuff is getting out of hand.

[QUOTE=thor21344;2769500]Welcome kemperhils & YogyakartaID, hope you enjoy your stay here[/QUOTE]

Love you sig Thor.

[QUOTE=meganos;2769566]lol thor21344, I like your signature[/QUOTE]

Thanks kemperhils and meganos

Marty

[QUOTE=kemperhils;2769570]Well, Wombler, when I first started working on autos in the early 60,s, with a handful of wrenches and some screwdrivers, I could do almost anything to and engine. But when I retired I had to know a lot about the electronics, and their interaction.

As a small engine mechanic some of the larger zero turn mower engines were fuel injected which computer control much like a car.

Didn’t get to work on one, but my former boss told me, and it is probably on the market now, that Kohler was producing a high end zero turn motor that was so complicated that the only way Kohler would authorize a shop to work on the engine is if they bought a $200 computer diagnostic program that connects to a diagnostic port on the mower.

IMO, this engine control stuff is getting out of hand.[/QUOTE]

Yeah things have changed very dramatically that way over the years.

There’s a TV programme here in the UK I love watching called “Wheeler Dealers” where they buy a car with faults and fix it up.

Fascinating stuff for me but probably less so for an expert. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler [/B]

Hi. Found this forum while looking for a movie condensing method.
I have been converting AVI (etc) sources into video_ts DVD movies for some time and now want to experiment with blu-ray.
I have been using ConverXto DVD and then DVDshrink (with Nero) to make the video_ts DVDs for watching on TV via my blu-ray player.
I bought a blu-ray writer and bd-r discs to back up my computer data and now would now like to condense and store my dvd movies onto 25gb bd-r discs which would allow for less discs (should be able to put more than 6 movies on one disc).
My preliminary review of MYCE indicates there may be a few members who know inexpensive methods for doing this.
Any idea which area of the forum i should focus on?

Welcome to the forums cwrbeach.

Start a thread in the Video Edit forum and I’ll try to help. http://club.myce.com/f32/