Introduce yourself: Say hi!

vbimport

[QUOTE=Terrell;2738751]Hello, I am Terrel,l Glad to meet you all members!
Hope it will be more interesting and useful…:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Hi Terrell and welcome to the forums. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Not sure where to start… I’m hungarian, 35, now living and attending a basic informatics course in Spain, and I’m looking forward to learn lots of interesting things at this site from the staff of experts over here. My hobbies include informatics/softwares, indology, the learning of languages, sociology, German literature, a wide range of electronic music - dark ambient/lounge/chill-out/psydub/psytrance & related (which I download by the tons from sites which offer it for free under CC license, for I cannot really afford to buy commercial stuff), fitness, nature.

Mine is a rather hectic life learning and arranging all the household & other daily to-do’s, so I may not be the most frequently logged-in forum member, but nevertheless I’ll be aware not to stay away for too long periods.

Hello Ujan, welcome to the MyCE forums. :slight_smile:

hi i am new member

Another new member

Welcome, one and all. Hope you enjoy your stay. :slight_smile:

Hello. Just popped in to grab something no longer available elsewhere on the web, which I suspect may be attached to a post here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all i was looking around for some info and stumbled acrros this forum looks good thankls

Welcome to the forums neewbie29 and I hope you find them useful. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hello everyone…I found some great information in the forum and decided I just had to join

Welcome hotdog40. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome hotdog40, enjoy the site!

I’ve always found this site to be very helpful. Been away for awhile, though, but great to be back!:iagree:
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot: I want to burn a voice recording to send to a radio station for their personal use. I don’t want them copying it for redistribution to others for $$. What might be needed to accomplish this?

[QUOTE=diskbliss;2745659] I want to burn a voice recording to send to a radio station for their personal use. I don’t want them copying it for redistribution to others for $$. What might be needed to accomplish this?[/QUOTE]

You can’t do nothing,except getting a good lawyer if it gets distributed…
Even propietary formats get cracked easily,so I doubt that you’ll be able to protect your interests with a basic or free program…

[QUOTE=diskbliss;2745659]I’ve always found this site to be very helpful. Been away for awhile, though, but great to be back!:iagree:
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot: I want to burn a voice recording to send to a radio station for their personal use. I don’t want them copying it for redistribution to others for $$. What might be needed to accomplish this?[/QUOTE]
I used to know a professional wildlife sound recordist. Back in the 70s he managed to record the sound of a caterpillar eating (possibly a unique achievement, given the equipment available at that time).

A company wanted to use it in an advert. He played them the tape, they liked it but asked to discuss the matter between themselves and hear it again. When he came back in they had lost their enthusiasm for the recording and said they didn’t want to use it after all. Later he discovered that in the few minutes he was out of the room they had copied his tape and used it in their advert without permission or payment. They were prepared in advance and knew he could not afford to sue.

Unfortunately there is always a way to copy a sound recording. Even with the best copy protection in the world somebody could just plug a recorder into the line/headphone output, or put a microphone in front of the speaker, and press record.

All I can suggest is making the copy of the recording you send them the lowest quality you can tolerate - use lossy compression, a low bitrate and low sample rate. If they like your recording and want to broadcast it then they can have the original recording [I]after[/I] they have signed an agreement of some sort.

If you have access to a disc printer then print clearly on the disc your details, those of the intended recipient (the radio station) and in small print brief terms of use (i.e. [I]this recording is copyright <date> and may not be distributed, copied or broadcast without written permission from the copyright holder <name>[/I]). I would also put [I]‘not for distribution or broadcast[/I]’ in big red letters. Try not to put too much on the label, just the essentials.

Of course this will not prevent anyone copying the disc, but it makes it clear that they should not and hopefully they will think twice.

Also, when you send them the disc, include a brief letter mentioning the terms under which you are sending them the recording. And ask in writing for the disc to be returned to you within a given timeframe, unless it is extended in writing.

Good luck.

Great ideas ibex! You also made me remember that the first disk will be very short. Thx.

You could also include a brief announcement at the start of the recording. Just a few words, and mention the name of the intended recipient (the radio station). Then if it is shared you may be able to show where it originally came from.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2745713]You could also include a brief announcement at the start of the recording. Just a few words, and mention the name of the intended recipient (the radio station). Then if it is shared you may be able to show where it originally came from.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe even better in the middle, a good sound person could tell if something had been omitted from the disk

Marty

Hello everyone, ended up here after doing some google searches… and so far I am enjoying what I am seeing! :))

Of for those who were curious… I was searching for UnHexalock… :stuck_out_tongue: