ok i had that problem before instally intervideo,what happens is that quicktime is installed too…so i found this guide to recover my drives back
—you have to reinstall teh programs first…HOPE THIS HELPS
Songs purchased from the iTunes Music Store or imported from CDs are saved in the user’s My Music folder by default. These files will not be removed by this procedure.
- In Control Panel, open Add/Remove Programs (under Classic View in Windows XP)
- Select iTunes from the list of currently installed programs, click Change/Remove.
- An iTunes for Windows Installshield window appears. Select Remove, click Next. A Confirm Uninstall window appears. Select OK.
- A “Maintenance Successful” notification appears. Select Finish.
Uninstall iPod Updater
5) In Add/Remove Programs, select iPod Updater. Click Change/Remove.
6) A Confirm Uninstall window appears. Select OK to remove iPod Updater.
7) Repeat for any and all iPod Updaters.
8) In Add/Remove Programs, select QuickTime. Click Change/Remove.
9) The QuickTime Uninstall window appears. Select the Uninstall Everything.
10) The Uninstall Successful window appears. Select OK.
11) Close all windows, restart the computer.
Remove leftover components
12) Open My Computer. Open your hard drive. Open Program Files.
13) Delete iPod, iTunes and QuickTime folders if present.
14) Move back to the hard drive root. Open Documents and Settings. Open All Users.
15) Select Folder Options from the Tools menu. Select the View tab. Select “Show hidden files and folders”. Click OK.
16) Open the Application folder. Delete the QuickTime folder if present.
17) Open the Apple Computer folder. Delete the iTunes folder.
18) Go back to Documents and Settings. Open the folder with your username.
19) Open the Application Data folder. Open the Apple Computer folder. Delete the iTunes folder.
20) Open the Local Settings folder. Open the Application Data folder. Delete the iTunes folder.
21) Go back to the Local Settings Folder. Open the Temp folder. Delete QTInstallerHelper.dll.
22) Empty the Recycle Bin.
23) Select Folder Options from the Tools menu. Select the View Tab. Select “Do not show hidden files or folders”. Click OK.
24) Restart the computer.
OK now i follow this…after step#11… after rebboting my pc …i saw my dvd drives back.
i don’t need to go to step#12 throught 24…so if somebody wants to follow this instructions…also i check burning a cd ,everything is fine now