Intervideo announces WinDVD 5 playback of HD-DVDs with InterActual Add-on pack

vbimport

I just posted the article Intervideo announces WinDVD 5 playback of HD-DVDs with InterActual Add-on pack.

InterVideo
Announces WinDVD 5 Playback of High-Definition DVD Discs with InterActual Add-on
Pack
InterVideo®,
Inc. (Nasdaq:IVII) announced today that WinDVD® 5, its award-winning…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7751-Intervideo-announces-WinDVD-5-playback-of-HD-DVDs-with-InterActual-Add-on-pack.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7751-Intervideo-announces-WinDVD-5-playback-of-HD-DVDs-with-InterActual-Add-on-pack.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It seems gradually were moving to “DRM” protected content each day. :frowning:

nothing wrong with that if you buy the product. Although the big problem is what will happen if a company goes out of buisness and turns off there server that allows you to watch your dvd ? now you have a 30 dollar nothing. I can’t play my t2 hd version right now cause of the damn 30 day trial thing or whatever

I’m running Windows XP SP2 (pre-release) Windows MP9 and DRM are CORE components with this release. VERY SUCKY! M$ is going to have a lot of unhappy customers with this one.

I downloaded the Windows Media 9 HDTV 720p sample clips as I was interested in seeing what their quality is like compared with a satellite HDTV channel I get “Euro 1080”. While WM9 definitely does look a lot more detailed than DVD, it does not do a good job at smooth scenes such as calm water and sky. For example, have a look at the clip “The Magic of Flight” and in the first 30 or seconds of it showing a river, large artefacts are clearly visible on the lower part of the sreen (at least on my display). :c The picture quality is similar to a JPEG image that has been really compressed down. Euro 1080 (MPEG2 1080i) appears quite different. The tennis match that was on at the time looks like a good quality 2 megapixel photo from a digital camera that has sprung to life :d Then again, WM9 squezes the picture down to about 7Mbps where as the HDTV satellite channel had a bitrate of about 17Mbps at the time of watching.