InternetExplorer 11.0 Released

vbimport

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie

This is the Release version. Using it now, no problems so far.:wink:

Just rebooted myself Alan so far no problems here either

Definitely faster than before, I may ( may ) even switch back and start using IE again

The odd thing about IE 11, from the reports I’ve seen, is that they have finally released a version for Windows 7, and it comes with Windows 8.1, but there isn’t one for Windows 8. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/11/internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-out-now/

It also looks like Vista is left out, and will have IE 10 as the most advanced version that operating system will get.

There’s no way I’ll use it. I like my extensions just the way I have them configured in Firefox.

Microsoft is contracturally obligated to support Windows7 until sometime in 2019, not so with Windows8.

So it is no surprise that the newest version of IE is available for Widows7.

In the OPTIONS - AUTOCOMPLETE, do they still have the single checkbox option to SAVE USER NAME AND PASSWORD ON FORM, or have they finally accepted that UserIDs and Passwords are not the same thing?

Or it may be SAVE FORM DATA and a separate SAVE PASSWORD option now.

Well I will get it downloaded and tested. And you really think M$ out of the kindness of their heart released IE11 for Windows 7. No, they did it most likely because of the debacle with Windows 8 to quell the complaints of Windows 7 not having it when Windows 8 has it. They are trying to appease the mass but I take it anyway… lol another would be if they didn’t release for W7 FF would probably take over and they loose so why wouldn’t they so they would keep their cash cow going and other can’t take away the browsing features from them.

Here is what I see

Here are the full EN links to IE11 download for full offline installer…

x85 version:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40902

x64 version:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40901

And my downloader tells me the server date for the file is: 10/14/2013 is when they were available.

Bean, thanks. Nope, they still force users to save passwords IF they save Form Data (UserIDs) too. Gag. All this chatter about “improved” security undermined by Microsoft’s long-standard idiocy.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2707978]Here are the full EN links to IE11 download for full offline installer…[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot. I was having trouble locating these myself. Neither Google nor the searchbar on Microsoft’s site could find them.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2707940]The odd thing about IE 11, from the reports I’ve seen, is that they have finally released a version for Windows 7, and it comes with Windows 8.1, but there isn’t one for Windows 8. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/11/internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-out-now/[/QUOTE]

That’s because Windows 8.1 is like Service Pack 3 in XP, only those who have updated will be able to install certain things.

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2707945]Microsoft is contracturally obligated to support Windows7 until sometime in 2019, not so with Windows8.[/QUOTE]

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. :disagree:

And please stop writing Windows 8 when mentioning support length, unless you’re specific and write 8.0. For support purposes, 8.0 and 8.1 are treated differently; 8.1 is what a Service Pack used to be, but it’s changed the way you need to talk about the version of the OS.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2707997]Thanks a lot. I was having trouble locating these myself. Neither Google nor the searchbar on Microsoft’s site could find them.[/QUOTE]

NP, it took me a few tries to search the right words to get the right links. And they made it harder to just find IE11 for what reason I have no idea :a. Also on that download link it - I just noticed has various language selection - didn’t notice but did a misprint lmao… should say x86 not x85 that is a new O/S… lol

I still remember the confusion between “8080”, “8088” and “8086”, and always wondered by Intel went ‘backwards’ to favoring the 8086 instead of that ‘huge’ leap forward to 8088. (cough cough, gag gag).

“Billy Gates was doing too much in 8086 Assembly, and the CPM and P-San Diego guys were doing 8088s. Simple as that. Bears vs. Packers. Methodists vs Baptists. Nothing more than two camps choosing sides, and one side getting far more popular because they allied themselves with the rebel forces inside IBM.”

Thank goodness for Boca Raton, Austin and Rochester!

Just think - we could have been living in a “88” world or “80” world full of typos! That “85-86” is easy to comprehend!

Remember that was a era of new computing when it started… 80286 cough cough…gag…lol…

I’m with Kerry56, as far as IE is concerned. Firefox has addons 'o plenty, and seems to run faster, too. Of course, I feel I should mention that most of the Microsoft/Windows computers I use are running XP.

As for my own three computers, I run Ubuntu + Firefox. No more Microsoft non-sense for me!

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2708102]I’m with Kerry56, as far as IE is concerned. Firefox has addons 'o plenty, and seems to run faster, too. Of course, I feel I should mention that most of the Microsoft/Windows computers I use are running XP.

As for my own three computers, I run Ubuntu + Firefox. No more Microsoft non-sense for me![/QUOTE]

But one should remember not all sites are programmed for FF most still use IE codes so that is why one should have two browser to see which one works better with the site. I seen where my work is IE based web mail and FF will strip out options that prevent proper web usage. So there are limits to each one needs to make sure there is a backup browser to see what they are missing in options.