Internet speed and downloading

I have an 30 mb cable internet connection, and when i check on speed test it shows download speed 0f 29 and upload of 1.94 which is as it should be but when i download something on vuze or utorrent i only get very slow download speeds between 150 and 300 kbs, what could cause this?

But when i check online it shows that my speed actually is near 30mb it ranges from 25 to 29 so why is that not translating into faster download speeds, the download speeds i am geting now are nearly the same as when i had a 2 mb connection.

The download speed you get is limited by the slowest part of your connection; in many cases this will be the server or peer at the other end.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Thanks Dragemester have tried some very well seeded downloads so think prob is somewhere in my settings have tried all my limited knowledge but to no avail.

[QUOTE=sppuuddy;2305236]Thanks Dragemester have tried some very well seeded downloads so think prob is somewhere in my settings have tried all my limited knowledge but to no avail.[/QUOTE]

Use more useful methods of downloading and the true speeds will appear.
torrents are rip off.