Internet security software not working?

vbimport

Hi all

Probably a stupid question but my comp is infected with a few viruses and infections so I bought some internet security software today which simply requires insertion of the internet securty disc for installation but once I put the disc in, I hear it spinning but then nothing. It’s just supposed to pop up and say install now but nothing! I’ve been into D: through My Computer to try and open it that way but when I click it nothing comes up. Frustrating the hell out of me. Any help would be really helpful, thanks.

Welcome to the forum brocky88 :slight_smile:

do you know if your optical drive is cd and dvd or just cd? There is a chance that the software is on a dvd.

There is also a chance that the infection is preventing the install of security software. You can download Spybot search and destroy its free.

I would suggest to dl spybot and also the file below it where it says ‘detection updates’. So dl those two files and then disconnect you internet connection, install the main program and then run the detection updates file, then do a scan (with the internet off). Make sure you run a full scan.

If there were a bunch of infections cleaned with that program, I would suggest to also get Lavasofts ad-aware Link Here (also free), choose the free version on the left.

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=brocky88;2471032]
Probably a stupid question but my comp is infected with a few viruses and infections so I bought some internet security software today …[/QUOTE]you can’t clean a compromised system this way.

The only way to clean a compromised system is to flatten and rebuild.
–> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512587.aspx

Michael