Internet problems

vbimport

For quite awhile now when using the internet, the blue line at the bottom almost gets to the end and stops. Not just at one website but almost all of them. Hotmail, Juno Yahoo, doesn’t matter. Someone said not to mix Wired with wireless, is this true? But no matter, does anyone have a clue as to what the problem is? About ready to jump off the deep end. Oh yes, I have to keep hitting the reload key and sometimes it actually works, Thanks , Oh yeah, running win7 over vista and 8 gigs of memory

Which browser? What type of internet connection (cable/dsl/dial-up)? Made any software/hardware changes recently? Using AV/Firewall software?

[QUOTE=Drivhardd;2542497]For quite awhile now when using the internet, the blue line at the bottom almost gets to the end and stops.[/quote] Internet Explorer i guess? Did you try if other browsers, like Mozilla Firefox, have the same problem?

Not just at one website but almost all of them. Hotmail, Juno Yahoo, doesn’t matter.
Are there websites that do work though?

Someone said not to mix Wired with wireless, is this true?
Well, normally you can mix them as much as you want, but the configuration needs to be in order. This can cause troubles for a layman

But no matter, does anyone have a clue as to what the problem is?
I would first ask your Internet Service Provider (ISP) about how they can help.
About ready to jump off the deep end.
Over a machine?

Oh yes, I have to keep hitting the reload key and sometimes it actually works
That sounds like your wireless connection is somehow malfunctioning from time to time. Can you place your computer closer to the antenna?

running win7 over vista
I pray you mean that you have upgraded from Vista to Windows 7.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2542502]Which browser? What type of internet connection (cable/dsl/dial-up)? Made any software/hardware changes recently? Using AV/Firewall software?[/QUOTE] any browser, fiber and MS essentials

vista to windows 7, the router cant get any closer, 2 ft, talked to isp, everything is running ok, and any browser is the same

[QUOTE=Drivhardd;2542533]vista to windows 7, the router cant get any closer, 2 ft, talked to isp, everything is running ok, and any browser is the same[/QUOTE]

This sounds more like something is wrong with your upgrade. When you did the upgrade did you reboot to factory settings or reboot to clean image and then do a upgrade? Cause sometime upgrading and not checking to make sure it is a clean upgrade could cause more problem then it helps. Router can’t get any closer ?? What do you mean by that? My router is on the same computer desk as my desktop and behind my monitor and it works fine and it is a wireless router as well. But my money would be something in the upgrade caused your present predicament.