Internet Explorer Service Pack 3

vbimport

Hello,

Has anyone updated from Internet Explorer Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3 through Windows update? If you have, how is it working for you & are there any problems with it?

Thank you,
George

I have no problems whatsoever.

When you say you have no problems, you have already updated to Service Pack 3?

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2161996]I have no problems whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=georgep63;2161993]Hello,

Has anyone updated from Internet Explorer Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3 through Windows update? If you have, how is it working for you & are there any problems with it?

Thank you,
George[/QUOTE]

Never heard of IE sp3 ??? I heard of XP pro sp3 and IE7 updates and hotfixes. But where did you get such a thing as IE sp3??? I think you got IE updates and XP SP3 confused…

Thank you. Yes, I just looked into it & yes I had them confussed. Should I update to XP SP3, what do you think?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2162022]Never heard of IE sp3 ??? I heard of XP pro sp3 and IE7 updates and hotfixes. But where did you get such a thing as IE sp3??? I think you got IE updates and XP SP3 confused…[/QUOTE]

I’m still using IE6 and I also use FireFox. When I went from XP Pro SP2 to XP Pro SP3, I really didn’t notice any difference. There were no advantages except the obvious…to stay current with MS…and frankly, there were no disadvantages, no problems at all.
All in all, pretty innocuous.

A word of caution. If you’re using IE6 and you “upgrade” to IE7 prior to installing SP3, you can’t go back…at least not without unistalling SP3.

If you install IE7 after the upgrade to SP3, you can revert to IE6 no problem.

I have XP sp3 and IE7 current updates and all is working great so far. But make sure you don’t have a like a hp or dell I dont recall that needed a specific update to work properly. But if your system is works great with SP3 then go for it.

[quote=georgep63;2161993]Hello,

Thank you,
George[/quote]
If you have an Asus AN8 32 Sli Deluxe Motherbaord forget it. It wont work. You are safe with most Intel Boards.

[quote=georgep63;2162029]Thank you. Yes, I just looked into it & yes I had them confussed. Should I update to XP SP3, what do you think?[/quote] No problem here with XP and IE7 & SP3, not to sure on this but maybe down the road you might not be able to update XP unless you have SP3 installed ( as I said not to sure about this ):confused:

No problems, I downloaded SP3 from Microsoft Update and installed. Good Luck!:cool:

I have a update reminder that constantly pops up saying updates for service pack 3 are ready. Then it tells me it can’t install them? Help!

Try shutting off Automatic updates, restart & when it comes back, do a Windows Update, High Priority & see if you can fix it that way. If everything works out, make sure to turn Automatic Updates back on.

The registry must be modified if your computer is AMD based and came with the OS already installed. If you have an OEM disc that has XP on it SP3 will kill your machine. I spent 6 hours with M$ and had to do a complete re-install using a friends XP disc with SP2 on it as my disc was XP SP1 and would not work (The computer would only start in safe mode. M$ actually suggested I use a friends Disc. This was M$ support from India. I don’t know if that has any bearing on anything, I can say that they stuck with me for almost 6 hours and when I was done my machine was working again). M$ then gave me a new certificate of validation number and suggested I not install SP3 on my machine. I have an ASUS K8VSE Deluxe with an AMD 3700 64 Processor. There is an entry in the registry (Intel PPL or something like that) that had to be deleted but even when M$ took my computer and tried it, it did not work. I have Norton 360 and back up everything to a 500G hard drive so I lost information but I lost a lot of time. I only use Firefox. I.E. is only used for M$ updates. I will never use I.E. again, too many holes, like the recent one that they still have no patch for.

Moved to ‘General Software’.