Internet Explorer Problem

vbimport

I have websites hanging in my taskbar. Most of the time these are sites that I have got opened.

When I click on the hanging website it will not open or close. The only way I can get rid of it is restart my computer.

I have Adaware and Spybot and Spy Sweeper and have run all of them and can’t find anything that would cause this.

Anyone out there experienced the same problem.

Let me know.

Thanks

Download and install a good pop-up stoppper. There are seperate programs for it, but myself I use the free google toolbar and it has one built in. :iagree:

Read my sticky thread on Adware here and resolve your problems (hopefully)…

Ssseth, I have Pop Up Stopper Pro and it seems to work pretty good. What do you suggest?

I do hear a bleap at times like it is working.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dee-han’s suggestion is a good one if that doesn’t work.

I have loaded google toolbar and so far it is doing the job. Now I have two Pop Up Stopper Pro and Google Toolbar.

I like google anyway and always used it for my searches. Now it is in my toolbar.

Thanks,

Ditch IE, here are some free alternatives:

MyIE2 <—What I currently Use, it has tons of features.
http://www.myie2.com/

FireFox <—I have heard many good things about this, and seems popular.

Enjoy!

Does this work with all software programs. Has anyone else tried this brouser?

Hi TGMcCallie Yes I been using :bow: "FireFox 0.8 " for a wile in Windows and Linux and it is heaps better than :Z IE , haven’t used IE for a long time it’s nothing but Rubbish , with FireFox I don’t have any trouble with Pop Ups and it has heaps of free Plug-Ins and a Free download manager called LeachGet 2003 , so if you are down loading big files it will speed the download up. Give it a try and you will never want to use IE again.

if your using IE…be aware that CWS…constantly updates itself and is just a pain in the ass…if you have a reasonable pop-up blocker…and running anti-spyware routines…and still have the prob…I’d read a lil deeper into CWS