Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate

vbimport

http://windows.microsoft.com/ie9

I will wait for the offical release, I wonder if it will work like IE8 where you can use 32bit Bit even though you have a 64 bit system. Both 32 and 64bit IE8 are installed in Windows 7, so I would assume you can do the same with IE9.

The first official release can often be buggy so you’d have to be brave to install a release candidate.

Windows 7 only it seems. So back to FireFox for XP users :slight_smile:

I have it running on PC2, and it’s much improved over the beta version, even to the state where I would say it’s usable, which is more than the beta was. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2574524]I will wait for the offical release, I wonder if it will work like IE8 where you can use 32bit Bit even though you have a 64 bit system. Both 32 and 64bit IE8 are installed in Windows 7, so I would assume you can do the same with IE9.[/QUOTE]

I concur I would wait at least for Final release before jumping ship and getting IE9. It in my case would most likely come up at the same time FF4 comes out. I think M$ is waiting for FF4 to go Final and then release IE9 to compete with them. But for me I will have both browsers regardless since some site are written for IE and some FF that just the nature of the internet the programmers pick and choose which browser source to write for.

QUOTE=coolcolors;2574678 some site are written for IE and some FF that just the nature of the internet the programmers pick and choose which browser source to write for.[/QUOTE]A “web designer” who creates a website that works only with one browser deserves being fired.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2574747]A “web designer” who creates a website that works only with one browser deserves being fired.

Michael[/QUOTE]
There are no websites that I have ever come accross that only work with 1 browser, you are correct, no web designer in his right mind would do such a stupid thing. Fired yes, never hired probably.:wink:

I too will wait for the final release the Release Candidate version seems to have issues with some programs like DVDFab :eek: which may or may not be related to the active x control settings under “Tools” which causes DVDFab not to start/load.

This is a heads up.

[B]SJ[/B]

Yeah same here.

I’m in no mad hurry to upgrade as I’m happy enough with IE8 in the meantime.

I’d rather wait until any teething problems are sorted out.

[B]Wombler[/B]