Internet explorer 8

[qanda]This thread is about the HP G60-433CA Notebook PC. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]…

friday october 16, 2009 @ 12:53 PM EDT

i have the following problems with my…new computer

1)…HP G60-441US notebook computer

2)…have windows vista home edition

3)…have downloaded/installed internet explorer 8

4)…have downloaded/installed firefox 3.5 browser

purchased this hp computer…on 10/12/2009…been having problems…from the…>>GET GO<<< by using the internet explorer software…continues to …>>>FREEZE UP<<<<…

DOWNLOAD…FIREFOX 3.5…>>>VERY FEW PROBLEMS<<<< using the browser…almost … none/nada…

can anybody solve this issue !!!

sehr dankbar, :cool:

marsmet47 in tallahassee, florida…

shalom/tschüss…

There are 2 things that come to mind. First, is this computer brand new and do you have the HP recovery discs? If yes-then proceed to use the recovery of the machine as a “clean” starting point for all that follows. If you bought the machine used, then you should do the recovery to insure that there are no corrupt files.
Next thing: IE 8 should be downloaded fresh from the Microsoft site and installed. You can do this either on the G60 or another machine (preferred). The current version of Firefox is 3.5.3 and it too should be freshly downloaded.
If by some chance you do not have the recovery discs, then call HP and order them. Hope this helps you resolve the problem.

sunday october 18, 2009 @ 11:57 AM EDT

…jc836

thanks for the information

computer is new…less than two(2) WEEKS OLD!!

used 17 cd-r disc…for the backup recovery disc

…download…firefox 3.5…on october 13, 2009

…minor issues with firefox…very different set-up…than internet explorer 8

…but i work…a hella lot better than IE 8

…ja, das es ist…plain and simple…

again…

sehr dankbar,

marsmet47 in tallahassee

shalom/tschüss…