Internet explorer 7 Vs. Firefox 3.0.5

vbimport

Greetings all. Question? Which is better internet explorer 7 or Firefox Ver.3.0.5? I am getting sick of internet explorer7 I want to try a difference web browser. Any ideas.

Mr.Bill :bow:

[quote=Mr.Bill;2183857]Any ideas.[/quote] Try them both - only you can decide which browser is best for you. :iagree:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2183867]Try them both - only you can decide which browser is best for you. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Thanks DrageMester. And yes I do know that. I was just wondering if any one perfer one over the other. Which one do you perfer Dragemester? Any other comments from any one.

Peace
Mr.Bill :slight_smile:

i prefer Firefox, i am using Firefox 3.1 Beta 2.

my preference is not because of any complaints about IE but because i like FF with NoScript and AdBlock.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

[QUOTE=troy512;2183893]i prefer Firefox, i am using Firefox 3.1 Beta 2.

my preference is not because of any complaints about IE but because i like FF with NoScript and AdBlock.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722[/QUOTE]

Thanks Troy. I did download and installed Ver.3.0.5. Seems o.k. However are you having a problems with connecting to Cdfreaks web site with firefox? Seems sometime I can get on cdfreaks and sometimes not when using Firefox. Any thoughts on this.

Peace

Yes the add-ons for Firefox can be addictive. I never use IE7 unless a site requires it.

You might also look at Opera. I’ve used it in the past and found it to be consistently faster than either IE or Firefox. It just isn’t as easy to customize as FF to do what I want.

[quote=Mr.Bill;2183879]Which one do you perfer Dragemester?[/quote] I use both and have no strong preference for one over the other.

i choose… Firefox v3.0.5 (i been pretty much using Firefox exclusively since a little prior to v1.0 and it’s highly unlikely i would ever switch back to IE unless something drastic happens :wink: )

cause of the ‘TabScroller’ extension and ‘NoScript’ and ‘AdBlock Plus’ extensions… at the very least i would say ‘Adblock plus’ is a ‘must have’ extension for Firefox as it tends to block out a pretty good percentage of popup’s etc etc.

once setup correctly… TabScroller makes it so you can hold down right mouse button and scroll with mouse wheel to instantly switch between tabs… once your used to it… it’s more efficient than manually clicking on tabs.

but basically if you generally dont have many tabs open then TabScroller probably wont be of any real benefit for you.

for me, Firefox is just a overall more efficient browsing experience than Internet Explorer in general is.

plus from general tests you see online Firefox is more memory efficient than IE7 is.

My minority vote goes to Opera. Let’s see, tabbed browsing, speed dial, mouse gestures, browser spoofing, etc. all began with Opera. Built in add blocker, voice, keyboard navigation (once I became used to it I hardly ever use the mouse). It may be an acquired taste but the best things in life usually are. Just my zwei pfennige.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2184218]My minority vote goes to Opera. Let’s see, tabbed browsing, speed dial, mouse gestures, browser spoofing, etc. all began with Opera. Built in add blocker, voice, keyboard navigation (once I became used to it I hardly ever use the mouse). It may be an acquired taste but the best things in life usually are. Just my zwei pfennige.[/QUOTE]

Opera aint a bad choice (it’s speed is usually at the top or near it in tests i have seen) but i just like the ‘overall feel’ and features of Firefox more :wink:

cause i tried Opera a while back but there was just something about it overall that i did not like which i think is the core feel of it and interface etc… but like you said it’s a ‘acquired taste’ :wink:

[QUOTE=Mr.Bill;2183899]Thanks Troy. I did download and installed Ver.3.0.5. Seems o.k. However are you having a problems with connecting to Cdfreaks web site with firefox? Seems sometime I can get on cdfreaks and sometimes not when using Firefox. Any thoughts on this.

Peace
Mr.Bill :)[/QUOTE]

are you loading a blank page? i know there was a problem not too long ago with loading blank pages and CDFreaks, but was not limited to just FF.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2183900]Yes the add-ons for Firefox can be addictive. I never use IE7 unless a site requires it.

You might also look at Opera. I’ve used it in the past and found it to be consistently faster than either IE or Firefox. It just isn’t as easy to customize as FF to do what I want.[/QUOTE]

I agree with kerry56. I also have FF and IE7 and Opera. It’s always good to have more then one browser as the MOD says sometimes some sites are made for one or another broswer and feature that only can be seen in the browser. I would be nice if all the broswer followed one defactor but that isn’t the case right now or anytime soon. I think those three broswer have the most to offer endusers.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2184450]I agree with kerry56. I also have FF and IE7 and Opera. It’s always good to have more then one browser as the MOD says sometimes some sites are made for one or another broswer and feature that only can be seen in the browser. I would be nice if all the broswer followed one defactor but that isn’t the case right now or anytime soon. I think those three broswer have the most to offer endusers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks every one. I will use Firefox for awhile and see how I make out.

Peace

No Question at all .

Firefox 3.1b2. inc must haves
addblock plus - stops the crap dead!
saveimages - save a whole page of pictures in selected directory in a flash flashgot - links to flashget or any other prefered download manager.

Its awesome and 3.1 has its new speedy engine speedy bookmarks and quick recall of visited pages and sites.

No question IE is a thing of the past! (once a month i might have to use it for some really obscure reason mainly as there is an odd page on my isp control panel that wont work properly in Firefox. Oh dear where is that blue icon gone.

Firefox 3.0.5 used here, mainly due to its add-ons making it possible to get a browser that works how I want it to work. I initially started to use Firefox in the days of Firebird because it was so easy to search bookmarks, this was impossible in IE6 and still in IE7 or at least I couldn’t find it. Have tried Opera a few times, admirable program but I didn’t find it easy to fiddle with like Firefox.

Indispensable Add-ons…

Tab Mix Plus…get tabs working exactly how you want
All In One Sidebar…Easy access to bookmarks, downloads etc.
Fireshot …For easy snapshots/prints of pages as seen, whole (e.g. long pages), elements.
Download Helper…To make saving embedded web video easy.
NoScript… A good security thing, needs training though.
Color Management (if you’re into photo editing)…See the real colours of online images if sRGB isn’t used.