Internet Downloader?

vbimport

Can anyone recommend a good Internet downloader? Specifically for Rapidshare? I used to use RapGet but i think they discontinued that… im looking for something that will let me just copy links to my clipboard and have the program pick them up automatically and start the download… is there anything out there like this? Obviously, i would prefer FREE but am not opposed to paying for a good program as long as its not outrageously priced… thanks in advance!

I’m guessing you’re using IE? You can give Orbit a try, http://www.orbitdownloader.com/.
You could give FireFox a try, there are several download manager addons available. I use Opera which has a built in download manager.

[QUOTE=uronmy49311;2486362]Can anyone recommend a good Internet downloader? Specifically for Rapidshare? I used to use RapGet but i think they discontinued that… im looking for something that will let me just copy links to my clipboard and have the program pick them up automatically and start the download… is there anything out there like this? Obviously, i would prefer FREE but am not opposed to paying for a good program as long as its not outrageously priced… thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

I would say use free download manager lite. It has resume feature but you have to check to see if it works on rapidshare. I do use FDM alot for larger files when I can’t it all downloaded at one time.

Orbit sounds good. i think i’ll try that thanks… i AM using Firefox already but i couldnt find any plugin that seemed to fit… could you point me to the page exactly if you know of one?

I’ll probably check out dl manager lite if orbit doesnt work tho… thanks for both suggestions.

Free Rapid is one of my favourite’s, which is freeware (website link). You can paste in a list of URLs (e.g. for a multi-gigabyte series of RAR files), let it run overnight and usually it’s complete by the morning or after returning home from work the next day. :slight_smile:

It also works on a variety of other file sharing services such as MegaUpload, DepositFiles, etc.

While it does not get around the restrictions (e.g. 30 minute wait between downloads), it automates the process, does the waiting, capcha, etc. in the background and shows the progress meter in its user interface.

[QUOTE=Seán;2486476]Free Rapid is one of my favourite’s, which is freeware (website link). You can paste in a list of URLs (e.g. for a multi-gigabyte series of RAR files), let it run overnight and usually it’s complete by the morning or after returning home from work the next day. :slight_smile:

It also works on a variety of other file sharing services such as MegaUpload, DepositFiles, etc.

While it does not get around the restrictions (e.g. 30 minute wait between downloads), it automates the process, does the waiting, capcha, etc. in the background and shows the progress meter in its user interface.[/QUOTE]

well, i have a premium account tho so i shouldnt have to wait… does it allow you to input your premium username and password and then download?
thanks for the help!

It works with premium accounts also. :wink: Once installed, go into the ‘Options’ menu -> ‘Preferences’, then into the ‘Plugins’ tab, put a tick in the ‘X’ column for “Rapidshare.com_premium” to enable it and click ‘Options’ to enter your Rapidshare logon details. This info is also in their FAQ here.

This tool supports simultaneous downloading, so once you set it up, it should be able to download multiple Rapidshare files at the same time also.

AWESOME!! This seems to be EXACTLY what i needed… thanks a bunch!
:bow::iagree::clap::stuck_out_tongue:

DownThemAll!