I have just a few things to say.
1: I have had ADSL from BTOpenworld for approx 8 months now and other than the first 2 months the service has been excellent.
2. I dont like AOL and will never use them or any of their products (I would also recommend this to EVERYONE)
3. There are many people who say BT are shit…but there are an equal number who say BlueYonder and other companies are jut as shit as BT if not worse. Point being it is highly variable on who you ask and where they live perhaps.
4. Yes BT has been on the Register quite a lot but most of the articles dont relate directly to performance. Many are to do with the internal workings of BT and how they go about their business.
I would personally recommend BT for the simple reasons below
- Average download speed - 50K per sec going up to 60K max
- Average upload speed - cant say don’t really use it that much
but when I host games it works pretty good but I always get
around 200-250Kbps when I use the testing tools on
- Web browsing - damn fast
- Disconnections - NEVER
- Unable to connect - NEVER
To clarify point 1 the first few months were shitty because BT were in the process of upgrading their homegateways and so I was getting really erratic behaviour but as soon as they had upgraded my homegateway ALL the problems vanished literally overnight.
The reason they were having problems was simply because they had too many users for the system.
I just thought of something DONT GET ADSL FROM BT - the reason I say that is if too many peeps get it the problems I had 8 months ago will come back go get cable or something - only kidding
Hope this helps a bit