Internet Conection required to burn?

vbimport

I’m sure this question has been asked before but I could find no reference to it when I did a search – so my apologies in advance. I will be moving soon and will not have internet access for several months and I’m wondering if anyone would know if DVDFab Platinum will continue to copy without an internet connection on that kind of time frame. The reason I ask is I seem to remember about a year ago I was without an internet connection for about a week and I believe that when DVDFab came to the point of burning it wanted internet access and if it couldn’t connect it would either not burn or burn a coaster. Anyone have an answer?
Thanks
dolivaw

You don’t recquire internet access to burn, now if the program is checking for updates, that’s another story.

[QUOTE=beef barley;2015316]You don’t recquire internet access to burn, now if the program is checking for updates, that’s another story.[/QUOTE]
Yup, beef is correct…:iagree:

Here’s the deal, at least last I knew…

VSO burn engine attempts to phone home. This doesn’t send any personal info; just burn info that VSO compiles and analyzes in order to develop and further improve their products.
It’s absolutely voluntary.

Most users enable or disable this function via their firewall. This doesn’t affect function. However, I’m guessing that if you don’t enable/disable it, it will want to phone home and perhaps get hung up in this continual loop.
Just pick one.
Also, you may have to do this after each update, again depending upon your firewall(s), ie., software, hardware.

You can also avail yourself of either Img or Nero as burn engines.

Bigmacnc (an old friend and long time cdfreak) has one of his rigs set up with Fab and without any internet access…ever.
It’s used strictly for burning. No problems.

Checking for updates shouldn’t affect anything, but beef may know more about that…

Hope this helps.

You might require an Internet connection though to activate the software as is the case with the latest version of Nero.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks for the feedback - it would seem that if I do have a problem one solution might be to just change the burn engine, that’s doable - again thanks for the help
dolivaw

[QUOTE=Wombler;2015327]You might require an Internet connection though to activate the software as is the case with the latest version of Nero.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Excellent point to raise…:iagree:
but you don’t need an internet connection to activate. You do need a regkey to activate however, and you would need email access, etc., of some sort to obtain your key.
Once you have your key, keep it safely squirrelled away and you should be all set.

[QUOTE=dolivaw;2015297]I’m sure this question has been asked before but I could find no reference to it when I did a search – so my apologies in advance. I will be moving soon and will not have internet access for several months and I’m wondering if anyone would know if DVDFab Platinum will continue to copy without an internet connection on that kind of time frame. The reason I ask is I seem to remember about a year ago I was without an internet connection for about a week and I believe that when DVDFab came to the point of burning it wanted internet access and if it couldn’t connect it would either not burn or burn a coaster. Anyone have an answer?
Thanks
dolivaw[/QUOTE]

As my good friend Maineman stated ,…The program works without internet

As for checking for updates then you may require an Internet connection.

Considering your circumstances without a internet connection for several months, you may just be content with keeping the same version, un till you are up and running again.

Being a member of cd freaks, you can check for updates manually if you wish to at a later date instead of automatically

Just keep you eyes peeled at the top of the dvd fab forum, when you see a new version come out just download it from there

Happy days

[QUOTE=Icewarrior;2016458]

Considering your circumstances without a internet connection for several months, …

Being a member of cd freaks, you can check for updates manually if you wish to at a later date instead of automatically

Just keep you eyes peeled at the top of the dvd fab forum, when you see a new version come out just download it from there

Happy days[/QUOTE]

that couuld be a mite tricky to do, without an internet connection :slight_smile:

you may just be content with keeping the same version, un till you are up and running again…

i guess you missed the full stop and later date : }

[QUOTE=maineman;2015332]Excellent point to raise…:iagree:
but you don’t need an internet connection to activate. You do need a regkey to activate however, and you would need email access, etc., of some sort to obtain your key.
Once you have your key, keep it safely squirrelled away and you should be all set.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay in responding (I’ve been away in Scotland for a week).

Anyway from what I understand in addition to a regkey/serial Nero 8 requires Internet access to activate certain features.

This is different to all the previous versions and it’s a new system they call ‘patent activation’.

I haven’t been able to find out exactly what features are affected but here’s Nero’s official activation FAQ.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Why are we talking about Nero when the OP asked about DVDFAB ?

I thought that :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2020416]Why are we talking about Nero when the OP asked about DVDFAB ?[/QUOTE]

Because it’s one of the burn engines DVDFab can use.

[B]Wombler[/B]