International Shipping Question

vbimport

Anyone here have any experience in shipping some large objects internationally? I’m shipping some paintings from China to the US. But even after they are rolled their length is 150cm (59.1 inch). The China Post Office says they can’t ship it because it’s longer than 105cm (41.37 inch). So does anyone know if Fedex or UPS can ship this? Anyone has any experience shipping long objects from other countries to US? If so, what should I do, which shipping company should I go with? Thanks.

Why not call Fedex and UPS and ask them?

It would seem that there would be a way, because they ship things of practically any size, I believe.

I have used FedEx to ship things from China to Ireland (through my company, not for myself) - I am darn sure if FedEx will ship heavy, weird shape things to Ireland, to the USA will be a cert.

I just called Fedex today, they are really expensive, to ship 10kg of stuff (I still have some other stuff to ship with the paintings) they will cost $1650 RMB ($200 USD). But if I go to the China Post Office they said the could ship if for about $300 RMB ($40) (but they don’t want to because it’s longer than 105cm and they said the US customs might block it). How should I declare them so I’ll have the highest rate of success in getting them through. Should I declare them as “gifts” or “personal use” or what? How can Fedex be so sure they can get it through the US customs but China Post Office can’t? What do Fedex declare them as? And I’m going to seperate them into a few packages and mail them to different address (I’m going to use my relatives’ adresses, will that help? Thanks

I’d check with DHL…they are new but really competive…and i would just delcare them as gifts…that should suffice

Yes, that is true about DHL. They are coming on strong as a shipping competitor.