Internal or External decoder?

Im curious to know if anyone experiences any difference between using ffdshow decoder vs. dvdfab internal decoder for both audio and video decoding? Please explain differences in as much detail as possible. Thanks!

P.S. Im pretty sure its been asked before. Please forgive me and provide help. Ty!

[QUOTE=ECSJR;2288669]Im curious to know if anyone experiences any difference between using ffdshow decoder vs. dvdfab internal decoder for both audio and video decoding? Please explain differences in as much detail as possible. Thanks!

P.S. Im pretty sure its been asked before. Please forgive me and provide help. Ty![/QUOTE]

You should use what works best for you because decoders can and will work differently according to the systems hardware…i.e… what works good for some may not work good for others.
but me I use Directshow :smiley:

Im guess what Im asking is this, Ive been using the internal dvdfab decoder and it works just fine. Can the quality be better using the ffdshow decoder? Im running on a basic laptop config: 2.1 Ghz Turion X2, 4 GB Ram, nVidia 7150 128 Mb graphics card (not dedicated).

[QUOTE=ECSJR;2288723]Im guess what Im asking is this, Ive been using the internal dvdfab decoder and it works just fine. Can the quality be better using the ffdshow decoder? Im running on a basic laptop config: 2.1 Ghz Turion X2, 4 GB Ram, nVidia 7150 128 Mb graphics card (not dedicated).[/QUOTE]

Only one way to learn…if ffdshow is showing up on the list in Fab, switch to it and see if the results are what you expected (or hoped for - or if Fab will even work with that codec).

If not, you can always switch back to Fab’s codecs.

OC

:slight_smile:

You will not be able to see any difference in “quality”. For a preview function, stability is more of a goal than video quality. If you use Internal instead of Directshow, you won’t have any audio. Under Directshow, the DVDFab decoders are more stable for me, but several of the others, including ffdshow, work OK.

this is only a preview issue I think - the choice of decoder makes no difference to what ends up being burned to an output DVD ?