Internal Error 25001. Please help!

I am having a lot of trouble installing Alcohol 120.

When the installation is just about done an error message will come up saying “Internal Error 25001. 25032(0x61C8), 0(0x0)” and then it quits.

I have tried everything installing all other burning software, going into the registry, etc etc. I have no clue how to make it work. I’ve already tried for help on their home forum, one last try and I’m giving up.

Did you use a download manager?
Do you have a previous version installed?

Yes and No.

Hot key your d/l. It’s either Ctrl or Shift and click to download so that your manager is disabled. The manager will corrupt the download. This is a common problem.

answer is here: http://support.alcohol-soft.com/en/knowledgebase.php?postid=17288&title=Internal+Error+25001.25057

it says:
…Open your boot.ini file.
…Edit the /NoExecute=OptIn string and change it to AlwaysOff.
…This part at the end of the line should now read: /NoExecute=AlwaysOff
…Save, restart, install alcohol.
…Open your boot.ini file.
…Edit the /NoExecute=AlwaysOff string and change it to OptIn.
…This part at the end of the line should now read: /NoExecute=OptIn
…Save, restart, use alcohol.

-peace :slight_smile:

Im not an expert but its easy to see that the errors are caused mainly because of the daemon tools
Try to install daemon tools …u’ll get the same errors.i think its somehow related to the bus and scsi driver…but i let this thing open to the pros out there :wink:

I found one “solution”, it realy doesnt solve, but repairs the problem.
If u are looking just for alcohol software and u dont mind about the daemon tools (u can find other software like this) u may do:

1 - Dowload Windows Installer SDK
2 - Go to the Unpacked folder
3 - Install Orca.msi
4 - Open Orca
5 - Open alcohol setup.msi
6 - Do a Find with “Daemon” entry
7 - Delete every entry
8 - Save and Close
9 - Run setup.msi
10 - Voilá - Ready to burn

This solution works in my case 25001.25009
Keep a clean copy of setup.msi so u can mess arround

This error effects different systems in different ways, hence it is not easy to produce a common fix, one that works in most cases is to install using expert mode and to re-name the two drivers.

Actually PhilTheGreat Your were completly rigth!!!

I have a reallll used copy of Windows X64 XP and it install perfectly with your method :clap: the other one did not work,. :a