Intenso and Mediarange DVD+R DL?

Hi,

I found these onthe net and I wonder if they are good quality (reasonable copmared to expensive verbatim).

I know Mediarange is controversed but I found in the forum people saying that DL dvds from mediarange are legits quality media produced for Ricoh …

What do you think ?

Intenso 8x DVD+R Dl :

http://www.cdirect2u.com/intenso-dvdr-85-go-8x-double-couche-en-cakebox-10-p-2639.html

Mediarange 8x DVD+R DL :

http://www.cdirect2u.com/mediarange-dvdr-85-go-8x-dl-en-cakebox-10-mr466-p-2663.html

Thanks for any advice ! :iagree:

Sebmex

Only very small ammount of the mediarange media is legit ricoh media made by ritek even then it’s a lower grade according to my sources.
Most of it is chinese stuff ussing fake ricoh code.

Intenso is mostly legit ricoh made by MBIL and Ritek.
I would personally take intenso over Mediarange.

It will depend on the drive if the legit ricoh media (and in this case also the batch of media ) will be a option compared to verbatim.

MediaRange DL using fake Ricoh MID. Don´t buy this crap. You can save a lot of money and frustration if you avoid this discs.

thank you both for your answers.

i have a benq 1640, will it handle intenso then ?

1 ) is there a list of media codes my burner can handle ? (from intenso if possible)

2 ) should i flash the burner firmware ?

ty

Sebmex

[QUOTE=sebmex;1938993]thank you both for your answers.

i have a benq 1640, will it handle intenso then ?

1 ) is there a list of media codes my burner can handle ? (from intenso if possible)

2 ) should i flash the burner firmware ?

ty

Sebmex[/QUOTE]

Re: your BenQ questions - you have a thread here in the BenQ forum, so best to ask those there.

We can certainly advise you about media in this thread, though. :slight_smile:

I would personally stay away from [U][B]BOTH[/B][/U] of those brands of discs. Yeah they might be cheaper than
Verbatim DL discs from the start but in the long run with all the coasters/unplayable discs that they
will produce you will end up spending more $$$,euros, or whatever your currency is on getting good
reliable/playable burned discs. :wink:

ok, do you know a good website where I can the best price for 50 spindle of Verbatim DVD+R DL then ?

gonna look the other thread for info on my burner. thank you.

Sebmex

[quote=sebmex;1939038]ok, do you know a good website …[/quote] Please tell us which country you are in so that we can suggest relevant sites.

luxemburg, so euros over here :slight_smile:

[quote=sebmex;1939389]luxemburg, so euros over here :)[/quote] You could order from Nierle in Luxembourg, which have a wide selection of media but are rarely among the cheaper sources, or you could order from SVP in the U.K. which also have a wide (but different) selection of media and are more price competitive in my experience. There are probably lots more shops that deliver to Luxembourg, that I haven’t tried.

[B]DVD+R DL at SVP[/B] / Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x 10pc cakebox / Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x Photo Printable 25pc cakebox / Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x 10pc cakebox imported from USA / Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x Photo Printable 25pc cakebox imported from USA

[B]DVD±R DL at Nierle[/B]