Intel

vbimport

Has anyone had any positive/negative results from using Intel’s application accellerator program with regard to burning cdr’s/cdrw’s? IAA coverts DMA to Ultra DMA, good thing or bad?

Originally posted by REDKING
Has anyone had any positive/negative results from using Intel’s application accellerator program with regard to burning cdr’s/cdrw’s? IAA coverts DMA to Ultra DMA, good thing or bad?

Negative I found. Used India application accellerator one day , virtually removed my Virtual CD from working. sorry, i don`t abt it with reg to cd burning.

Arun

only thing negative about intel is that i cant get my IDE HD’s in UDMA mode 5 on my intel vero beach mobo (SE7505VB2)
but the rest is no problem :slight_smile:

Haven’t had any problems so far, it seems to speed applications up(hence the name)which is always good. No other conflicts. I assumed that ultra dma was so much better, higher burst rate. Opinions?:cool:

Nero Info Tool reports the Secondary Slave drive as “DMA off” with IAA installed. IAA reports it as “DMA on”. Otherwise no problems with IAA installed.

To a degree I think it sort of depends on what O/S you’re running. I have a dual boot (Win 98 1st Ed, & XP home). I used the Intel AA app with no great hassles on Win 98,(for full speed), but when it came to XP I thought it was well adapted to handle the full UDAM usage. But as far as '98 goes,no hassles.:slight_smile: