Intel Stock Cooler Fans

Do all Intel fans supplied with cpu fit on all other cpus of the same form factor e.g.775. Again will a fan supplied with say a D840 fit on an E5300.

Thank You

Space

Depends did you buy Retal or OEM?? Retail from my experiences on AMD comes with its’ cooling fan/heatsink already. But you should make sure to check whom you buy the Intel processor from if it is Retail or OEM. Remember if you overclock your CPU and it dies that voids your warranty.

[QUOTE=spacebass;2443331]Do all Intel fans supplied with cpu fit on all other cpus of the same form factor e.g.775. Again will a fan supplied with say a D840 fit on an E5300.[/QUOTE]

Technically, yes. But practically, the heatsinks which came with earlier NetBurst LGA775 CPUs may be overkill for the E5300 simply due to their relatively large height. The stock heatsinks which come with Intel’s newer LGA775 models are significantly shorter than their older predecessors.

Yo-

I personally have had excellent results with the fan/heatsinks provided both by Intel and AMD e.g. my Q6600 is currently running at 80f as I am typing this-eh!!

Not necessarily, some models of CPU’s may have different thresholds, so its best to use the correct cooler intended for the CPU to be safe ;>

[QUOTE=spacebass;2443331]Do all Intel fans supplied with cpu fit on all other cpus of the same form factor e.g.775. Again will a fan supplied with say a D840 fit on an E5300.

Thank You

Space[/QUOTE]

The answer is yes, it will fit with no problem.