Intel Haswell's integrated GPU runs Skyrim on 1920x1080 - fluently

I just posted the article Intel Haswell’s integrated GPU runs Skyrim on 1920x1080 - fluently.

During the Intel Developer Forum (IDF) in San Francisco, Intel showcased that the integrated GPU of the Haswell CPU is able to run the game Skyrim fluent on a resolution of 1920x1080

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/intel-haswell-cpu-63699/](http://www.myce.com/news/intel-haswell-cpu-63699/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’m not a gamer, but it will interesting to see if the new GPU also speeds up Quick Sync.
From what I can gather Intel has already improved the video quality in the Haswell GPU.

Perhaps they’ve come closer to that holy grail of 23.976 frames/s that is needed for watching movies without stutter.

That’s a pretty vague claim. Sounds like some cheating going on whereby they coupled Haswell with a chipset from nVidia or AMD and decided to claim that Haswell can handle Skyrim on high settings fluently @ 1920 x 1080. scolds

I have my doubts the next HD generation of graphics from Intel does that much better than the current HD4000 generation. Graphics has never been a high priority for Intel considering where most of their R&D budget is focused on. It may have had a better budget the past few years, but the fact AMD’s APUs outperform it in gaming, I doubt most budget gamers will even be considering a Intel HD graphics solution for their needs.

Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 works great with quick sync and you can use it with a discreet GPU simultaneous.

Still intels GPU cores are "under"weak compared to the GPU power within AMDs APU.

[QUOTE=chef;2693105]Still intels GPU cores are "under"weak compared to the GPU power within AMDs APU.[/QUOTE]

Iris Pro in MacBook Pro seems to be fine.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2711545]Iris Pro in MacBook Pro seems to be fine.[/QUOTE]

Curious: What defines “fine”?

We haven’t had any good success with Haswell driving two 1920x1200 monitors. They seem to handle dual 1920x1080s, but not the 1200s. That’s why God invented the $50 video card, I suppose.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2711549]We haven’t had any good success with Haswell driving two 1920x1200 monitors. They seem to handle dual 1920x1080s, but not the 1200s. That’s why God invented the $50 video card, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I am running 2X 680GTX Nvidia GPUs in SLI and it handles anything I throw at lt, But then again with my water cooling setup and the cards , I have spent more than 4 of Intels Haswells cost.:smiley: It will be interesting to see how the heat is handled in these new Haswells.

In lieu of fireplaces, coal-fired heaters, etc, you open up your PC?

For anyone interested.
Here are the CineBench OpenGL score for Haswell 4770K with HD4600 graphics.
Note: The Iris Pro graphics are more powerful.