Intel Core Quad VS Intel Core 2 Quad

Can some one explain is there is any difference between

Intel Core Quad VS Intel Core 2 Quad

Or these two are same ?

I haven’t heard of Intel Core Quad. Maybe a typo?

The Intel processors with 4 cores are the various Core2 Duo Quad processors and the i7 series as far as I am aware.

As Kerry has stated there is nothing titled Intel Core Quad. If this term is being used by someone then it’s being used very loosely. I criticize Intel for there poor choice when it comes to naming the Dual and Quad core processors.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2408298]As Kerry has stated there is nothing titled Intel Core Quad. If this term is being used by someone then it’s being used very loosely. I criticize Intel for there poor choice when it comes to naming the Dual and Quad core processors.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

It’s going to get even worse too when they introduce the i5 range.

There’s going to be a new socket design and the i5 and i7 range will overlap.

For the first time, their designation will be based on performance rather than the socket/core technology they’re based on meaning that some lower end new processors designated as i7s will actually require the new ‘Lynnefield’ (LGA1156) socket and some the current LGA1366 socket.

The i3 will confuse things even further and on top of all this Intel will continue to use the Atom, Celeron and Pentium branding in combination with all these ranges.

I pity the motherboard manufacturers having to explain all this mess to prospective purchasers.

[B]Wombler[/B]