Instantcopy crashing and how I BEAT it!

firstly can I mention that if IC just dissapears on you it’s probably because you have got the error reporting turned off in XP, so when it’s crashing it’s not displaying the error

IC disappeared on me and I wondered why I didn’t get the error message for all of about 1 second :), till I realised I had the option turned off

this was when I tried to back up the known problem DVD that no-one has backed up and that’s Simpsons Season 2 Disc 4 region 1

that was until now

cos it didn’t take me long to crack the error tho :bigsmile:

read as much as you feel necessary and take the info away with you

Simpsons problem disc and how I did it HERE

this will not be the answer for every DVD but the bit about auto resizing is strongly recommended so IC can pick up the full DVD everytime

also watch out for unselected audio/subs as that also happens

any questions about other problems DVD’s just ask

hopefully Pinnacle will sort these 4 bug’s out sharpish!, but until then I will as usual have to give IC a helping hand :, if I decide to use it that is

Good stuff, Mack! Very interesting - your guide, that is.

I wonder if you have one thing right though (and I must say, I don’t know the answer either). When you set the checkbox of a particular ‘User Prohibition’, are you asking for that prohibition to be enforced in the new disc, or are you asking for it to be dropped? It’s confusing - to me, at any rate - thanks to Pinnacle’s back to front logic with the other sets of options, like subtitles and languages.
A further complication, of course, is that DVDDecrypter also negates some of these prohibitions.

-Pete

PS Just noticed a couple of things in your guide that aren’t quite right:

1. The percentage value shown in IC is not ‘the percentage reduction’, it’s the new size as a percentage of the old. In your illustration the value 70.19% is the size of the new file after compression, expressed as a percentage of the old file’s size. (The ‘percentage reduction’ is therefore 100 - 70.19 = 29.81%)
  2. Similarly, this value is not C/D as you show, but C/A.

I’m sure these are just typos! :wink:

Originally posted by Peter McCall
[B]Good stuff, Mack! Very interesting - your guide, that is.

I wonder if you have one thing right though (and I must say, I don’t know the answer either). When you set the checkbox of a particular ‘User Prohibition’, are you asking for that prohibition to be enforced in the new disc, or are you asking for it to be dropped? It’s confusing - to me, at any rate - thanks to Pinnacle’s back to front logic with the other sets of options, like subtitles and languages.
A further complication, of course, is that DVDDecrypter also negates some of these prohibitions.

-Pete

PS Just noticed a couple of things in your guide that aren’t quite right:

1. The percentage value shown in IC is not ‘the percentage reduction’, it’s the new size as a percentage of the old. In your illustration the value 70.19% is the size of the new file after compression, expressed as a percentage of the old file’s size. (The ‘percentage reduction’ is therefore 100 - 70.19 = 29.81%)
  2. Similarly, this value is not C/D as you show, but C/A.

I’m sure these are just typos! :wink: [/B]

When you set the checkbox of a particular ‘User Prohibition’, you ARE asking for it to be dropped . stupid ain’t it

as for the other two typos, sorted now I think

cheers