Instant copy backups wont play in 880

Has anyone had problems playing copies done with instant copy. I can play them in my panasonic dvd player but they refuse to play in my Philips 880, I just get a disc error .
Anyone got any ideas why.

if the 880 is anything like our 985 then chances are it’ll be incredibly fussy about media used?

is it just stuff done with instant copy or everything and anything you copy on those brands of media

(Ive done a few IC tests usiign ritek media and they play fine on our 985 however work in progress test burns on datawrite yellows, bulkpaq etc the 985 just refuses to accept theres anything on em)

snorkel64

Wont work on any media including Philips own discs. Could it be the way the software writes the disc as i never had any problems when processing with dvd2one then writing with nero. Any ideas how i can write the file produced by instant copy with nero, as i get a pdi file with this software which isnt compatible with nero.

Use this tool:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47259

It will extract all the VOBs, IFOs, and BUPs from the .pdi files. You can then use Nero to burn.

Good luck!

there was a couple of pdi to iso-image utils floating around on doom9 forums though never had call to use em (Ones I burned were done on one of our toshiba recorders straight from the pdi files using IC)

snorkel64

Don’t know about the 880 but on my 985, I’ve had no problems with either Fuji, Verbatim or Philips media. I’ve burned disks using DVD2one with RecordNow Max as well as IC 7 either with it’s own burn engine with the PDI files intact or by extracting them with SCHLAUFFER’s PDITOOL and burning with RNM.

Mike

It could possibly be that your 880 requires a DVDR to have both AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders on the burnt DVDR before it will play the disk, as you know, Instant Copy only outputs the VIDEO_TS folder to disk during the burn process, so your player may not recognise the final disk as a compliant one, try re-burning the disk with another writing software program (Nero/Record Now etc) and input a blank AUDIO_TS folder with the VIDEO_TS folder, you should find this may work for you…Tony

Originally posted by Tony92
It could possibly be that your 880 requires a DVDR to have both AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders on the burnt DVDR before it will play the disk, as you know, Instant Copy only outputs the VIDEO_TS folder to disk during the burn process,

As you know that’s not true. It certainly does give AUDIO_TS if you give in an AUDIO_TS. Rip in .iso mode and put a check mark by AUDIO_TS. Less than 3% probably need AUDIO_TS though.

my ic7 guide

Original DVDs don’t have AUDIO_TS folder. At least I haven’t seen one yet. Why would AUDIO_TS folder be required for burnt DVDs and not for stamped ones?
The problem in my opinion lays in recording software not being capable of burning 100% compliant DVDs.

Yes this is my problem because if i burn the final backup with nero which adds an AUDIO_TS file, or there is the option to tick the AUDIO_TS in instant copy then the final disc will play fine. So therefore my 880 obviously needs the AUDIO_TS folder to play correctly.

ok then just make sure ya tick AUDIO_TS then

I do that if there is one available but most of the films i have done dont have one i think the only film that had it was “Sum of all fears”. Should there be one every time then or do only certain discs have them allready.

I’m having the same prob. playing a recorded disc without AUDIO_TS folder, on my Philips dvd940, however, when I play the same movie on my Sony and Panasonic it plays flawless, this was using Maxel and Imation +r media. I thought it must be the media so I burned on same manuf. but -r media and still my Philips won’t play ( just keeps reading ). Therefore, I burned another onto -r media, same manuf. and I added the empty AUDIO_TS folder…and my Phillips still won’t play the movie ( White Oleander ). The same movie works fine on my Sony and Panasonic standalone.

Anybody have any ideas??

dvddycryptor>dvd2one>RecordNow