Installing XP instead of Vista

[qanda]This thread is about the HP 2133 Mini-Note PC. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a HP 2133 mini latop and want to install XP Home onto it instead of the pre installed Vista Home. I have the XP CD but the HP2133 does not have a CD drive. I have copied the CD to a portable HD. Now how do I install XP? Do I need to search for any other drivers before installing? Looking on HP’s support website there are drivers available easily enough -I think. I am average ability in the IT world

You should be able to just run the Setup.exe file from the portable HD. You might want to have the XP drivers on hand.

Tried that but was told as the XP was an “older version software” Vista blocked it

O.K. If you have a usb flash drive (at least 1GB) you can try this:

http://www.eeeguides.com/2007/11/installing-windows-xp-from-usb-thumb.html

It should work on any netbook, not just the Asus Eee PC.

[QUOTE=RickBrad;2219010]Tried that but was told as the XP was an “older version software” Vista blocked it[/QUOTE]

What you trying to do won’t work just a XP disc in the drive you have to first remove the vista boot section so it won’t block you from deleting it and reinstalling with XP in its place. Try this link and see if it can help you more.

download a prog so you can format the hd, something like paragon’s hard disk manager, or one of those boot disc torrents, or poss. a drive management prog/ or acronis, do a llittle reading about it and find a prog to do it, that’s one way.