Installing multiple cd burning software

hello, i’m just wondering is there any harm in installing more than one burning software such as alcohol, nero, clonecd, copytocd, easy cd … etc because i have read somewhere that it is not recommend to use/install more than one softtware but some ppl said it is ok to do that… so which one is true ?

thank you.

at the moment i have nero and clone cd installed. 2 weeks ago i had nero, clonecd, alcohol and blindwrite installed. there are no probs having more than 1 burning package installed. I think it is just easy cd that doesn’t like another proggy on the same system

In the past, installing Nero would mean that you couldn’t use programs like WinOnCD anymore… but since this problem has been solved I never noticed a compatability issue again. I only use Nero and CDRWin myself and they work fine. I guess that as long as they don’t overwrite each other’s drivers and ASPI (if they use on of their own) there should not be a single problem.

You can always try, uninstalling can help you out if problems would occur!

Yup, EZ CD just doesn’t play nice when it comes to multiple CD writer software. Got Nero and CloneCD on my systems running WinX Pro. No prob at all. I read installing multiple packet writing software is not such a good idea, for whatever reason.

Originally posted by preducer
[B]hello, i’m just wondering is there any harm in installing more than one burning software such as alcohol, nero, clonecd, copytocd, easy cd … etc because i have read somewhere that it is not recommend to use/install more than one softtware but some ppl said it is ok to do that… so which one is true ?

thank you. [/B]

i have no probs till date.

I have the following installed:

1. EZCD 5.3 Plat (latest)

2. Nero 5.5.9.17 (latest)

3. CloneCD 4.2.0.2 (latest)

4. Stomp RecordNow MAX

5. Padus DiscJuggler

go ahead.:wink:

It’s generally OK to install multiple burning programs without problems. Easy CD Creator will not cause a problem, and is the least of concerns. Only one version of a packet writing program (InCD or Direct CD) should be installed.

Programs like Alcohol 120%, Fantom CD, and CloneCD Virtual Drive (generally any virtual drive program) can cause conflicts, particularly with burning utilities. Most of the time this is due to features that hide the CDR ATIP.

Originally posted by Inertia
Programs like Alcohol 120%, Fantom CD, and CloneCD Virtual Drive (generally any virtual drive program) can cause conflicts, particularly with burning utilities. Most of the time this is due to features that hide the CDR ATIP.

Alcohol’s virtual drive hasn’t caused any dramas on my system but I suffered horrible system instabilities when I installed clonecd’s virtual drive and some lesser problems with that of daemon tools’ drive.

Moral is to beware of virtual drive proggies generally. If after you install one, you don’t have problems, fine. However, if there are any signs of conflicts or general system instability, remove them as they’re not all that useful and both alcohol and clonecd work fine without them.

thanks again guys for the info… :slight_smile: