Installing DVD burner

vbimport

I am attempting to install and Sony DRU720A DVD dual layer burner. It comes packaged with the Nero 6 vision express 3 software. I have done the following to try and make the installation work: I have uninstalled all my former burning software, including using roxiocleaner. I have used the NERO cleaning tools to clean all the partially installed NERO software off my computer. I have installed and checked a new aspi file to my computer and it is okay and working. I have followed the disabling steps on this website to disable the loaded CD burning Windows XP software. I have error checked my computer. I have the right size of everything. For example, I have 40 G of harddrive available, 512 m of ram ect. I have also tried to install each part of the NERO suite individually. In spite of everything, I continue to get the following error message shortly after installation starts "Error during installation of component “Driverlocker”. I cannot move past this point. Right now, I need to burn CD and at some point a DVD. Thanks to this process, I don’t even have my old CD burning software available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
gdub35000

I would go to Nero’s website and download the latest version of the software and install from there. It should work with the serial you have with the CD. It sounds as though you might have a defect in the disc.

I should mention that I already tried all of this with a DRX720U drive. I had exactly the same problem. Finally after about 6 phone calls to SONY, they suggested I take the drive back and purchase another one. I returned the origional to Best Buy and they suggested trying an internal burner instead of external. I still have the same error message with both the burners. I did all of the above steps with both burners.

Thanks,
gdub35000