Installed Nero 9 along with Nero 7 no problem so far

I was running Nero 9 alone and ran into a wierd problem with just the DiscSpeed application, it could no longer see my USB drives only ATA. All the other applications in Nero and other could see the drives no problem.

After hours of troubleshooting I uninstalled Nero 9 and reinstalled Nero 7 but only the Burning ROM application. This fixed whatever setting or DLL problem and DiscSpeed worked fine again.

So I installed Nero 9 again but did not think to uninstall Nero 7 since in the past it usually prompts me to uninstall but it did not this time. I now have Nero 9 (full install) and Nero 7 (burning ROM only) running side by side and so far they seem to both work fine.

I noticed in the registry and under Program Files, there are completely separate trees and directories for both.

So has anyone else tried this without issues?

Thanks.

Did you see my reply in this thread? http://club.cdfreaks.com/f96/drive-not-detected-discspeed-267497/

[QUOTE=Bob;2230146]Did you see my reply in this thread? http://club.cdfreaks.com/f96/drive-not-detected-discspeed-267497/[/QUOTE]

Hi Bob,

Actually I say your response in a separate thread about that .DLLand I tried that suggestion but it did not help. I should have mentioned that in my original thread.

I got another suggestion that I thought might be promising but I had already done the reinstall. Move WINASPI32.DLL to the directory where DiscSpeed is.

If I have trouble again I will try that.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=VideoRoy;2230157]Hi Bob,

Actually I say your response in a separate thread about that .DLLand I tried that suggestion but it did not help. I should have mentioned that in my original thread.

I got another suggestion that I thought might be promising but I had already done the reinstall. Move WINASPI32.DLL to the directory where DiscSpeed is.

If I have trouble again I will try that.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]ok and ya you can try that if you have problems again. Personally i use Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.16 with WINASPI32.DLL in the same folder. Them make a shortcut of 4.7.7.16 and paste it to my desktop. I’m running Vi$ta Ultimate 64 bit.

[QUOTE=Bob;2230158]ok and ya you can try that if you have problems again. Personally i use Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.16 with WINASPI32.DLL in the same folder. Them make a shortcut of 4.7.7.16 and paste it to my desktop. I’m running Vi$ta Ultimate 64 bit.[/QUOTE]

I have that version plus many more and I usually keep them in a separate directory than Nero and link to my Desktop. I am running XP on this particular system.

I had a problem where Nero 9 would always crash when attempting to detect my Yamaha CRW-F1UX (USB 2.0) drive.

No such problem occurs with Nero 7.

Nero 9 most likely has some sort of bug in it’s USB communication protocol.

I’m using WinXP SP3.