Installation Issues

vbimport

My recent purchase of a 'bargain' cdrw is now a nightmare! The brand is OptoWrite and software is Nero (tried two 5.5.n.n versions). Have attempted installation on an eMachine system and a Dell. The installation on eMachine was first on Win2k and then Win98, the install on the Dell was on Win95. Same result each time...... CDWriter installs silently and without a glitch. I can read and run disks from it without a problem. In fact, when I try to burn, Nero reports that it was successful when in fact it is anything but successful. The media is simply blank after any attempt to write. When I use the Nero feature of verifying media, the result is that the media is READ ONLY and empty. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, maybe fair to mention is that I really have no clue what to select on the Nero install menu. There are three choices and two of them don't appear to be all that different.

Of course the computer store wants nothing to do with me or my recent purchase (they've got my cash!!!)...... UGH!!

1. Update to nero 5.5.8.2 (latest version)

2. Maybe the drive does not support DAO

You are prompted to chose between SAO, DAO, DAO+96 in the Burn tab in nero. Write in SAO and see what happens

(Is there any url where you can get info on the drive? - searching on google came with nothing useful…)

Originally posted by Hemispasm
You are prompted to chose between SAO, DAO, DAO+96 in the Burn tab in nero. Write in SAO and see what happens

Aren’t TAO, DAO and DAO96 the only avaiable modes in nero 5.5.8.2?

Yep i meant tao :slight_smile:

Nero doesn’t support sao anyways