Install/Uninstall Problem!

When I tried to install Medal of Honor Allied Assault - Spearhead on my computer, as setup tries to launch, the following error appears:

Unhandled Exception

Error Number: 080070725
Description: Incompatible version of the RPC stub.

Setup will now terminate.

This same error also appears when I try to uninstall MOHAA.
The same message appears when I try certain other setup files.

Anybody know why?

i googled your error, and there is a similar problem with some kodak software. apparently, the problem is operating system specific dll files being installed on an OS other than the one expected. this link :

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/tib/tib4370.shtml

details their problem, as well as providing a link to a microsoft fix for the problem.

//time out as i search for more info on this

ok, every other google link seems to have the same info. at least 3 link this file from microsoft

http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninvestor/Patch/1.0/WIN98/EN-US/mcrepair.exe

wouldnt happen to have win98 as your os, huh :wink:

Try this…

In these cases a clean install will be desired. take the following steps to manually remove MOHAA from the computer:

1. Delete the games directory. By default this will be C:\Program Files\EA Games\Medal Of Honor Allied Assault. Then delete MOHAA from the start menu as well. By default this is Start->Programs->EA Games->Medal Of Honor Allied Assault

2. If you are unfamiliar with performing registry edits, we recommend you call one of our phone support representatives at 650-628-8468 to assist you, as doing other things in the registry besides the instructions listed here can cause errors with Windows. First back up your registry by going to Start->Run-> type in “scanreg” and press “yes” when prompted.

3. After these two steps are complete MOHAA will still bring up an installation modifier if tried to install. Go to Start -> Run -> type in “regedit”. There is a registry key that causes this and must be removed. It is found in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Uninstall
{0DEA94ED-915A-4834-A87E-388D012C8E02}

This whole key should be deleted and the game should install normally.