Install question DVDFab 5 and convertXtoDVD

Hi all,
I just downloaded and was getting ready to install DVDFAB 5 when I noticed that it asks if I want to install the VSO burning engine. I already have the latest version of ConvertXtoDVD installed will this cause me any problems if I install this version over my existing one?

TIA,
Bobsen

It shouldn’t. When the burn process begins it should just start up the VSO engine for burning.

I have them both and they coexist fine for me.

[quote=Bobsen;2054803]Hi all,
I just downloaded and was getting ready to install DVDFAB 5 when I noticed that it asks if I want to install the VSO burning engine. I already have the latest version of ConvertXtoDVD installed will this cause me any problems if I install this version over my existing one?

TIA,
Bobsen[/quote]
I have 5 programs installed that use the VSO burning engine. There are no conflicts, you really only have 1 version of the VSO (Pattin-Couffin) burning unstalled, if a new program uses it, it will be recognized on install and not install it.

What about the file “vso_hwe.dll”? I have DVDFab5 and COnvertXtoDVD3 installed, and there are different versions of this dll in each programs directory. In DVDFab%, it is version 2.1.7.338, and in CXDVD it is 2.1.8.341. I was even wondering if it advisable (or not) to put the newer dll in the DVDFab directory.

The new dll in CXD has a new burning SDK version 2.1.8 (new class error reports) as indicated in the change log. You can put this dll in the DVDFab folder if you want.

BOBSEN,
I agree with the others you won’t have any trouble with dvdfab ver.
5, or convert x for your avi’s. However the only I have noticed is
region 5 avi’s if you ever purchase any look a little grainny. Also the
annoying female accent on convert x vso.
Good Luck ZAP.

Thanks guys! As usual great feedback…

Best regards,
Bobsen