Install nero 8 keep rebooting

after run add/remove programs for nero 7 ultra, install the NERO8 it keep telling me to reboot the comp “due to last softwares requirement”. And yes i had reboot the comp. Keep doing the same thing over and over again.

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard s2501695. :iagree: :clap:
Run Nero CleanTool to make sure all old installs have been removed.
Then try installing Nero 8.

i did, but it keep asking to reboot. I also try the search my computer for existing nero, show nothing of nero. :bow: :bow: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Sounds like quite a bit going on.
Try
[B][U]AdvancedWindowsCarePersonal:[/U][/B] (Free)
Also
[B][U]CCleaner:[/U][/B] (Also free)

still not working any hellllllllllppppppppp, it still asking to reboot “due to last software installation requirement”

Try system restore. Go back to just before the uninstall of Nero 7.
Then start from scratch.

Make sure you have Automatic updates on (Win XP) then run Nero 8 Clean tool then install Nero 8 then restart when prompted

Nero 8 Clean tool

More help
http://my.nero.com/index.php?__path=Blog%3A%2F%2FDisplayBlog%2Fmyarmor%2F7100742&NCSS=a101woSo2J0TTe7Zh0VtmUZQelJfy5KKFgLc&neroportal=2enu1004040600272e46e73df86984f3536c3cf1191962942#0

hope this helps

[QUOTE=s2501695;1900927]after run add/remove programs for nero 7 ultra, install the NERO8 it keep telling me to reboot the comp “due to last softwares requirement”. And yes i had reboot the comp. Keep doing the same thing over and over again.[/QUOTE]

I had this same problem and I finally found the solution on another website, so I thought I would post it here for our users.
I had tried just about everything I could think of and nothing worked.

Thanks to shieber on a different forum, this is what finally did the trick:

1 Click Start
2. click Run.
3. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
4. Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager

1. Locate and delete any PendingFileRenameOperations values in the key.
  2. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
  3. Quit Registry Editor.