Inside Man

Ok I have seen a couple of posts on this movie but i have not gotten a fix yet,

I use AnyDVD and DVDShrink… I usually have no problems. I either get an error or the software just closes out when it gets to 1% encoding.

Why is this happening and i there any fix to this? it anylizes just fine.

Can someone please tell me what is going on. Some people are not have any problems.

thanks

You’ve provided no real information about the disc, system, software, etc. So without that, all I can say is that I backed up the R1 version fine.

Please read over these posting guidelines and provide the information. The more detail YOU provife, the more chances are that someone can help you. :slight_smile:

1. Ensure you’re using the lastest version of Anydvd:
    visit http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

2. State a)the specific version of Anydvd you’re using, b)the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating “latest versions” isn’t sufficient information; use full version numbers), and c)the specific version(s) of whatever other burning application(s) you have installed on your system.

3. Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you’re experiencing issues with.

4. Specify a)the brand and b)model number of your optical reader and writer with c)firmware versions for these optical drives. d) Let us know what operating system (version number and service pack, if applicable) you’re using as well.

5. What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don’t know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

1. At what speed are you burning your blank media?

2. Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select “status” on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your post asking for help.

3. State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

4. Before posting, please use the “search” function on these boards. Many answers are available already.

1. I have the latest Version

2. ANYDVD 6.0.5.0 and DVD Shrink 3.2

3. I have the US version of the movie

4. I have the NEC 3500 AG 2.1A
    5.The media does not matter because that is not the problem I am having. this issue is before the burn process.

5. Again this does not matter with this problem bu I am burning at 16x

7.Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.0.5.0)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2080240 sectors (4062 MBytes)
Total size: 4145792 sectors (8097 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: INSIDE_MAN
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

8.DVD shrink encounered and error:
Program Error- Exception Ocurred

You can try to copy the files to the harddrive first, and then run those thru DVDshrink. I never do on-the-fly copying and never have these types of problems.

I know the combo of AnyDVD & CloneDVD works on the R1 disc. If you still have errors, try DVDdecrypter with ripit4me. They are both free - see if they run thru shrink okay.

I dont burn on the fly.

Use RipIt4Me to rip it.

http://www.ripit4me.org/

Are you compressing on the fly? Try ripping to the harddrive first, then compress those files.

The reason for this? You may have a bad spot on the disc and when shrink (or any program) encouters it, it errors out. Rip it first, then process, then burn.

I do and never have these problems.

• Use AnyDVD with CloneDVD
  • Use DVDD & ripit4me (as stated twice above)

All,

I’ve the same problem. First I rip the DVD with ripit4me to my HD, no problems. Then when I want to shrink the whole DVD (including menu and extras,…) , DVD shrink gives an error after 1 %. When I re-author it and just take out the movie, then there are no problems. But I want the whole DVD with menu and extras.

1. I have the latest Version

2. ANYDVD 6.0.5.0 and DVD Shrink 3.2

3. I have the US version of the movie

4. I have the NEC ND2510A
    5.The media does not matter because that is not the problem I am having. this issue is before the burn process.

5. Again this does not matter with this problem bu I am burning at 16x

7.Summary for drive H( The riped version) : (AnyDVD 6.0.5.0)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2080240 sectors (4062 MBytes)
Total size: 4145792 sectors (8097 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: INSIDE_MAN
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed error zones between files!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Wow this DVD was loaded with copy protection. I had to use 4 programs to get it to rip. First you gotta get all 4 of these programs:

RipIt4Me
DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0
FixVTS
DVDShrink

Open up DVD Decrypter and use default settings. AND you have to select “check for structural protection”, “hide pack header warnings”, and “cycle tray after bad sectors”. AND make sure Removal Method is selected as “Aggressive”.

Then open up RipIt4Me, this program puts the PSL’s in DVD Decrypter.
RipIt4Me uses DVD Decrypter’s ripping engine. Follow all the suggested settings
and directions.

THEN open up FixVTS from RipIt4Me (there is a button to select) and follow instructions.

Now you can use DVDShrink on the movie without errors.

anydvd and clonedvd did it the first time for me.

I had the same problem, but I am using TallDude’s idea to get the .iso file I want.

This thread is over a year old.

Sorry there Dialysis, I guess BestBuy was getting rid of old DVDs this Christmas when I bought it. The technique noted above works like a charm though. I wonder why they had so much protection on that disk (note: UPC code 2519288472).