Inserting DVDFab 6 Keys

Seeme there is no instructions on how to insert keys for extra options such as DVD to Mobile and such. I ran into a big problem trying to do mine. I have the old Platinum version 5. Got new version 6 keys, downloaded version 6, went to install and my virus program (Avira) picked up on TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen, got by that, inserted by DVD to DVD key, ok, then highlighted Dvd to Mobile, clicked on enter key, still had my Dvd to Dvd key there so I thought insert mobile key and click reg. Wrong, got error when opening DVDFab and my Dvd to Mobile said expired.
So, how do you insert other keys. I use copy and paste.
Also the download page on DVDFab say’s download size 11.4 but in the download run or save it say’s 11.8. why the differance.

Thanks all

The instructions are in your email.

Try downloading the new keyfile attachment from the email to your desktop. With DVDFab v6 installed but closed, double click on the keyfile.

Quick on the draw there, D1

Not too clear guy’s. I know what my email say. Signal, I use copy and paste on my keys. After I insert the key for DVD to DVD, that’s good to go. Then to do the DVD to Mobile key it say to start DVD to Mobile, which I understand is to click on that option in main program, no where to put key in for mobile. I do have to use two keys to get DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile, right.

You can register your DVDFab products (all at once) by either of the following two methods:
(1) Copy and paste the registration key we sent you in this e-mail manually.
(2) Import the registration key file we sent you in the attachment of this e-mail.
Note: You can let us resend you the registration key. For more information, please visit the following webpage:
http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm
If this email is sent from the webpage, and you choose the option “Don’t email me with attachment”, you will have to use the first method to register DVDFab 6.x.

(1) To copy and paste the registration key manually, please follow these steps below:

1. Install the latest version of DVDFab 6.x at
    http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB6
  2. Launch DVDFab 6.x and click the “Enter Register Code” button in the Trial dialog
  1. [B]Paste your registration key below EXACTLY excluding the asterisk signs.[/B]

I know I am digging up an old thread but when I downloaded DVDfab6 it did not install over 5. When DVDFab6 started I got the enter key page and used the one I still have saved from when I purchased Platinum and upgraded to DVDFab5. Was this the correct thing to do or should I reinstall and get a new key?

[QUOTE=steve4321;2291143]I know I am digging up an old thread but when I downloaded DVDfab6 it did not install over 5. When DVDFab6 started I got the enter key page and used the one I still have saved from when I purchased Platinum and upgraded to DVDFab5. Was this the correct thing to do or should I reinstall and get a new key?[/QUOTE]Probably not. Get the latest v6, install it and get a new key for it from the link at the bottom of this page: http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/NewOptions Select the “all in one” v6 key option.

Thanks for your reply. I assume I should also uninstall version 5 since 6 does not seem to install over it on my computer. Is this correct. I am running Vista Ultimate 64. I love this software and just want to make sure it stays running as good as it always has.

[QUOTE=steve4321;2291421]Thanks for your reply. I assume I should also uninstall version 5 since 6 does not seem to install over it on my computer. Is this correct. I am running Vista Ultimate 64. I love this software and just want to make sure it stays running as good as it always has.[/QUOTE]
Fab 3,4,5, and 6 all install to different folders are are independent of one another.
It’s fine to uninstall Fab 5, but you don’t [I]need[/I] to…

It has been 3 days since I sent my request for a new key and I have not received it. I don’t want to send another request if it is not necessary but the request screen says if you don’t receive one within 24 hours to contact them. When I hit contact and then key retrieval it just takes me back to the request key screen. What is the next step for me to take? Should I request it again or is there a different way to get in touch with the company? I never had this problem before with getting a key so I am unsure of what to do.

[QUOTE=steve4321;2292577]It has been 3 days since I sent my request for a new key and I have not received it. I don’t want to send another request if it is not necessary but the request screen says if you don’t receive one within 24 hours to contact them. When I hit contact and then key retrieval it just takes me back to the request key screen. What is the next step for me to take? Should I request it again or is there a different way to get in touch with the company? I never had this problem before with getting a key so I am unsure of what to do.[/QUOTE]

You should have received it the same day that you requested it, try checking your spam filter either on your computer or with your ISP.

I did both of those things when I did not get the email right away. Neither is causing a problem but I will try switching email addresses just in case. Thank you for the reply.