Insert a pics in a new post

Can somebody tell me how to insert a pics from my hd to my post .:bow: :bow: :bow:

thanx

Only by using the IMG tag, ie [img]<your image url here - eg http://www.someplace.com/my_image.jpg>>

umm … sorry I cant explain it better than that.

[edit]One thing though, before posting an image in that way, make sure that it is not too big, as there are some people who are on a dialup connection who wont look kindly on a 2mb graphic image to download.

MODs … hope it is alright explaining this, dont want you to think im doing your job explaining about larg images etc[/edit]

lol, you forgot step one

first, find a place to upload your image to. if you are cheap / dont have access to an image host - you can use geocities, so long as you name it a .txt instead of a .jpg. they wont allow remote loading of .jpgs.

once you have that, make sure that you know the url, and then do as belgarath has stated. some forums do not allow images to be linked, but this one does (living room).

if you are still unsure, check out threads where people do have images linked. lemme

is linked from my account with my school.

with the /img command the system knows it is an image…even if you name it *.txt as you suggested??

the html img src tag works so long as you put an image in, regardless of the file extension. it works on other fora.

Moved it to newbie forum…for obvious reasons…

Originally posted by ckin2001
the html img src tag works so long as you put an image in, regardless of the file extension. it works on other fora.

HTML is not enabled in most forums, to prevent malicious code to be incorporated in the forum.

I don’t know how browsers handle the various file types, but I come from the days only JPG and GIF files were supported, then came PNG and I have seen BMP to be supported as well (but that has no compression at all so results in a huge file size).

I guess other file types depend on plugins used?

Inserting pics in vBulletin forums are not difficult at all. Like I said in the post your system pics thread, all you need to do is find a cheap web host, upload the pic you wanna show in the main or image directory and you’re done. Write down the url of the pic and do the following

[ img ]put url here[ /img ] Take out the spaces

Bo: Yup, she’s a hottie too, especially in MIB 2. Mmmm… sexy alien in lingerie.

There is a Hot People thread in the Living Room - I am for equity and diversity - which I will follow with interest. Dial-up members may have some trouble with that thread as Boskin attempts to out-do us all.

Most ISPs offer a modicum of webspace - 10MB in my case. So my brother pays USD$14.99 and we get our own Duron 800MHz box in Wisconsin (probably next to a Minuteman Silo).

calvin-au.com if you’re interested :wink: My beast is featured on that site - just search it. I think the photos of our new house are on there too !

Originally posted by FutureProof

as Boskin attempts to out-do us all.

…but as it seems to me, I just keep on failing with those. :bigsmile:

Despite that fact, I’m all eyes and ears and eager to learn more from ppl like you and philamber.

As for the “Dial-up members”, guess whose attached pic’s been the heaviest one ? :wink:

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]…but as it seems to me, I just keep on failing with those. :bigsmile:

Despite that fact, I’m all eyes and ears and eager to learn more from ppl like you and philamber.

As for the “Dial-up members”, guess whose attached pic’s been the heaviest one ? :wink: [/B]
Uh, Uh…no one’s counting

Originally posted by FutureProof
Uh, Uh…no one’s counting
Agree to believe it. :smiley: