Insane SSD Deals at Tiger Direct

vbimport

Looking for INSANE SSD deals and don’t want to wait for ‪#‎BlackFriday‬? TigerDirect is practically giving them away at $29.99 for a 120GB and $64.99 for a 240GB OCZ ARC Series SSD.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat…/SearchTools/search.asp…

Yes there is a rebate but hey, at these price I’ll wait a few week for my 60.00.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2741461]Looking for INSANE SSD deals and don’t want to wait for ‪#‎BlackFriday‬? TigerDirect is practically giving them away at $29.99 for a 120GB and $64.99 for a 240GB OCZ ARC Series SSD.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat…/SearchTools/search.asp…

Yes there is a rebate but hey, at these price I’ll wait a few week for my 60.00.[/QUOTE]

Must be subsidized by McAfee. A good deal provided you are disciplined enough to throw the McAfee box into the trash…

:Z;)

[QUOTE=DukeOfUrl;2741487]Must be subsidized by McAfee. A good deal provided you are disciplined enough to throw the McAfee box into the trash…

:Z;)[/QUOTE]

Not sure what your doing late nights but those prices…are not even close to the price I get paid for mine. I can get a Crucial Mx100 256Gig at 109.00 a far better deal then that site has to offer and I don’t have to order online-I can go in person and get it that day. Even if it was Black Friday…I always get decent deals where I get mine HDD/SSD at without the rush in the lines. Also that might be limited items and once it runs out you wasted waiting in line for it.

every 4 or 5 years there is a bump on pricing value of SSDs… I think we’re in that density value bump period now… you still won’t get a 512gb for under $250 though unless its slowish… 25 to 50 cents per gb is a new plateau that should be reached in the next year… depending on the retail markups. I’d probably not consider SSD until the value gets in the 10 cent range (or less). By comparison, HDDs are in the low pennies per gb range now. Expect a price/density ratio of 2:1 to 10:1 for the foreseeable future, depite claims to the contrary.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2741691]every 4 or 5 years there is a bump on pricing value of SSDs… I think we’re in that density value bump period now… you still won’t get a 512gb for under $250 though unless its slowish… 25 to 50 cents per gb is a new plateau that should be reached in the next year… depending on the retail markups. I’d probably not consider SSD until the value gets in the 10 cent range (or less). By comparison, HDDs are in the low pennies per gb range now. Expect a price/density ratio of 2:1 to 10:1 for the foreseeable future, depite claims to the contrary.[/QUOTE]
They had Intel 730 series 480gb SSDs at Newegg and Amazon yesterday for 199.99.

Insane prices from OCZ but have they fixed the high failure rate they were having some time ago?

I’m in OZ and last week I purchased; 120GB Samsung 840 for AUD$81 and a 250GB for AUD$135. SSD prices are now on the increase again but I think that is caused by the diminishing Aussie Dollar against the Greenback. Good thing about the Samsung 840 Series is the 3 year warranty (the 850 Series has a [B]FIVE [/B]year warranty). OCZ only had 1 year when I purchased one 2 years ago. :Z

Wish I could justify a 1TB SSD for my laptop. Got one for my daughter’s 21st birthday laptop and it fair zings along. Damned impressive compared to the spinning platter. :iagree:

[QUOTE=biggles77;2741898]Insane prices from OCZ but have they fixed the high failure rate they were having some time ago?

I’m in OZ and last week I purchased; 120GB Samsung 840 for AUD$81 and a 250GB for AUD$135. SSD prices are now on the increase again but I think that is caused by the diminishing Aussie Dollar against the Greenback. Good thing about the Samsung 840 Series is the 3 year warranty ([B]the 850 Series has a FIVE year warranty[/B]). OCZ only had 1 year when I purchased one 2 years ago. :Z

Wish I could justify a 1TB SSD for my laptop. Got one for my daughter’s 21st birthday laptop and it fair zings along. Damned impressive compared to the spinning platter. :iagree:[/QUOTE]
Yes OCZ was bought by Toshiba and all is well, and The 850 series has a [B]10 year warrantee.[/B]

In my opinion, anything over a 3 year guarantee is just for marketing.

For example, based on an e-mail just over 9 years ago, I bought a 3.5" 320GB IDE hard disk for €163, which was quite a lot at the time. If I still had that hard disk and it failed today under guarantee, I could not imagine wanting to go through the bother of replacing it under warranty.

As for a quick check about five years ago, I bought an OCZ Agility 60GB in September 2009 for €181. If that was still under warranty, I’d probably wonder what’s the point in replacing such a low capacity SSD.

Thanks Alan. A pox on me for getting the warranty wrong. :o