Inkjet Printer vs Thermal Printer for DVD's

All,

I am interested in getting a printer to print on my DVD’s I have read on both Inkjet and Thermal printers, I would like to know what experiences you guys had. Any would be useful. Thanks

I use an Epson Stylus R200 printer with inkjet printable CDs and DVDs. I love it, though you have to be careful not to get the discs wet or the ink can smudge. Here is a photo of one CD I printed.

There are fixative sprays you can use to seal the top of the disc but I do not know if they are safe.

You will pay more for thermal discs and they do not have the color range of the injets. Also an inkjet color CD/DVD enabled printer should also have good photo print capability, if you use a digital camera. her is some info on just such printers:

[spam removed]Moderator’s note by DrageMester:

Posting something once with a link to another site is informative.

Posting something twice is cross-posting and against our forum rules.

Posting something 18 times in different threads, including threads that haven’t been active for years, is considered spamming and is completely unacceptable on the CDFreaks forums! :cop:

I am using the Verbatim glossy printable DVD-R with my Pixma 3000 and get awesome results.

Looks perfectly like a pressed original DVD.

Depends if you care when the ink smears…For inkjet go with the Microbaords PF-Pro. For thermal go with either the Rimage Prism or Everest 600 printers.

[QUOTE=techwaredist;2465753]Depends if you care when the ink smears…For inkjet go with the Microbaords PF-Pro. For thermal go with either the Rimage Prism or Everest 600 printers.[/QUOTE]

I ordered a Thermal printer .
Can I print on Inkjet CD/DVD media as well as thermal media???
THis has been driving me crazy as I wait on my printer to ship. :frowning:

Hi and Welcome!

inkjet printable and thermal printable discs have a different surface. I strongly advise not to use inkjet printable discs with your thermal printer.

Michael